Thread: Macbook Air output sound line

Macbook Air output sound line

I am having a query which is in need to sort out. Actually i am recently using the Macbook Unibody and wanted to upgrade to Macbook Air but the problem is that my previous device is using the Media Center with a HDMI as well as A/V amplifier having optical connection. I review the Macbook Air which does not have the optical output sound line but the anologic connector. Then how come i upgrade the device with the optical output sound line. So if you can then please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Macbook Air output sound line

There is no inbuilt support for the Output Sound line is available with the Macbook Air. There is no possibility for the installation of the same except one. You can use the external USB sound card which will provide you the digital, optical output support for the Macbook Air. There are lots of the Sound card available on the market but one which i recommend you is nothing but the BEHRINGER U-CONTROL UCA 202 which will make the same thing working with you. So if you can then purchase the Macbook Air and install the BEHRINGER U-CONTROL UCA 202 into the same to work with the issue.

I think that the 'Halina' is wrong about the installation of the BEHRINGER U-CONTROL UCA 202. I have gone through the same problem and after that i have installed the BEHRINGER U-CONTROL UCA 202 into the device of mine but let me tell you that both the things are not compatible and having the issue with the same. It will not work with the Macbook Air. So if you are planning to install the same then i will advise you not to go with the same.

I have searched regarding the problem that you are going through and let me tell you that there is one more thing that you can go with. I found the Terratec Aureon Dual USB which is another sound card that is having the compatibility with the Macbook Air which you can install on the same. But i have not yet tried this as i did not require to use this. So if you can then go through the installation of the Terratec Aureon Dual USB and see whether this is working for you or not.

Another one which i have got is known as the Turtle Beach Micro II which is also a compatible sound card for the Macbook Air. You can get this on the Amazon with the lower rate. I have reviewed this and let me tell you that this is nice one having the good output with the sound. If you can then go through the same and see whether you like it or not. If this is not working for you then only option is that you should stick to Macbook Unibody.

If nothing from the above reply is working for you and you are looking for more solution regarding the "Macbook Air output sound line" then i will advise you to contact the Apple regarding the same and ask about the compatible sound card. As they are the developer and having the knowledge about the same. So if you can then go through the same and see whether you are getting any solution for the same. As Macbook Air is newly released so there are lot more to come out regarding this. So if you are can the contact Apple to get the solution. Apple can only help you out with this problem. I hope this will work for you.