Thread: Blend 4 and Windows Phone 7 SDK not working together

Blend 4 and Windows Phone 7 SDK not working together

I want to run a project on bot the Blend 4 and as well SDK which is nothing but the software development kit. I have installed all the installers and also i have no windows program project running on the blend 4 and it is idle and ready to start with the new one, But some how i am not able to open any project on the Blend 4 new as well as old. The thing here is that i want to integrate both the SDK and the Blend 4 but not able to do the same. For your kind information i am using the HTC windows phone 7. Please help me in solving the problem and also let me know how to make them work together.

Re: Blend 4 and Windows Phone 7 SDK not working together

I guess that you are using the older version of the blend 4. What you have to do here is that just download the latest version and install the same on your phone. First of all i think that you have to check which version you are currently using. And then download the new version , After the download you have to uninstall the current Blend 4 version and then install the new one. And i hope that this version will help you because the old version didn't support the SDK.

If you get such issue then you have to check the following things or you have to install the new blend 4 in the following manner:
    • First thing that you have to make sure that the installation location is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Expression\Blend 4 Beta\Blend.exe"
    • Keep one thing in mind that you install the latest Blend also in the same c:
    • If you are installing the new version then you have to download the Blend with the version number of 4.0.20310.0
    • Make sure that if the version is not Blend 4.0.20310.0 or less then it than immediately you have to uninstall it.
    • You can uninstall it from the Add remove programs.
    • If you download any software then make sure you download it from the official site, For example in this case if you are downloading the Blend $ then you have to visit the Microsoft site.

Now a days many windows phone 7 users are having the ame problem, But they are not aware with the fact that the blend which you have on your phone must have the following features in it:
    1. VS2010 compatibility
    2. Windows Phone support
    3. Deeper Adobe Photoshop import (layer effects)
    4. New behaviors & conditional behaviors
    5. Enhanced sample data support
    6. Listbox path layout for designing with data
    7. Pixel Shader effects (including animations)
    8. Easier styling and customization
    9. Model View View-Model support
    10. Mockup controls for SketchFlow

If your blend is having all this features then it will be easily work with the sdk and if not then make sure that you will install the BLEND that possess all this features.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that it can be solved. And if need to solve this problem then you have to follow the below steps:
    1. First of all you have to get the "Windows Phone Developer Tools CTP" in working condition
    2. What it will do is installs the emulator for the Windows phone 7 SDK.
    3. Then you have to run the emulator and if it fails to run then you have o install it again.
    4. Then you have to get the Blend 4 working for regular Wpf or Silverlight project.
    5. Then create a small project that will let you know whether the Blend is working properly or not.
    6. If both the SDK and the Blend works fine then you don't have to anything and if it fails then just again install the blend and make sure that this time the bled is of latest version.