Thread: IPod software and driver problem

IPod software and driver problem

I have purchased the new this IPod 40gb with me and recently I downloaded and installed Windows 7 on my computer . Now the problem is whenever I connect my iPod it doesn’t detect it or auto run . Previously on my computer the Operating system was windows xp system it used to be detected and I was able to see it being recognized as a auto run and then I used to transfer data and all. But here in Windows 7 my iPod doesn’t gets detected the iPod files and run , so if you know of any driver for the iPod for Windows 7 that I can download it would be great for me and I can use my IPod in Windows 7 . help me for solved this problem.

Re: IPod software and driver problem

Ipod tool support comes from the manufacturer of the hardware device and drivers. here are many users that are have harms using all type of iPods in the windows 7 beta? You power want to check with online internet sustain for some known issues with this device. Windows xp do not need any kind of drivers to detected to ipod but window 7 is a new generation operating system The device may need a drivers windows 7 be able to find the drivers after they know how to run the program previous to the use iPod with windows 7 you can install the drivers and software . Connect the device on a XP operating system without drivers but window 7 wants to primary drivers after they be able to detected the devices you first download drivers from the internet . subsequent to they run the program.

I had the same problem and found the solution. First opened the start menu> go to control panel >system and security> go to administrative tools then right click on that on computer management. This brings up a new window... then... on the left side click on device manager and click on the little arrow or plus sign next to the Universal Serial Bus Controller option. You most probably Find the iPod in there (hopefully!) and right click and update. If it's not in there, it may be in that you can see one of the USB mass storage devices, so update those devices. If it's still not one of those (mine wasn't but that's where Apple said it would be) have a look in Portable Devices, which is further up the list of devices to be managed and to properly . Then update. This worked for me on Windows 7 Home Premium, so yeah.. hope this works for you too! Easy you can do.

I am face the same tribulations in windows 7 I can update the computer and install the ipod software and driver did this and my iPod still work....i found my ipod in the list, I detective my i pod file right click and update driver software(find solution online) and it says its up to date still ipod starts work properly i do now fixed the settings I've enabled it and still nothing. i've updated every listed item and nothing. my iPod still charges when connected to the computer but won't be detected. finally i solved .My computer detected one day last week and i was able to detected and ipod is working properly. Do this steps is really helps and hope fully work.