Thread: How to use the Facebook developer with the windows phone 7

How to use the Facebook developer with the windows phone 7

I am having the samsung windows phone 7 and using it from the last few months. The thing here is that i want to install the facebook developer tool kit and some how i am not able to install it on to my phone. Initially when i did it foe the first time then the installation was successful but the tool kit was not working properly. So i uninstalled it and tried to install the same but i am not able to install it. The thing here is that i am not able to understand why the installation process is failing again and again.

Re: How to use the Facebook developer with the windows phone 7

According to me the Facebook developer toolkit won't work in the latest windows phone 7. The main reason behind it is the system dependency. It may have happen that the windows phone 7 that you are using must not be compatible with the Faceboof developer toolkit that you are using. The thing here is that if there is that compatibility issue than you can help an application to work on the system. So what you have to do in this case either change your mobile phone or don't use the facebook developer toolkit. I don't find any other way that will help you to install the toolkit on the windows phone 7.

Here are the steps that will allow you to install the Facebook developer toolkit on to your phone:
    • First of all you have to look after the requirements of the toolkit, that is nothing but the system requirement.
    • It should have NET Framework 2.0 or higher
    • And the Visual Studio 2005 Express or higher
    • And also the Facebook Developer Key is important.
    • Then you have to download the Facebook developer toolkit from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en
    • Download and double click to install.
    • Complete install
    • Start Visual Studio and create a new application
    • Add Facebook controls to application from Facebook Control Tool.

I guess the latest phone will not allow you to install the the developer toolkit due to the compatibility issue but you can solve this problem by downloading a specific version of it. According to me if you will download the FacebookDeveloperToolkitInstaller.exe file from the official site that is the Microsoft. The size of the file is of 1.6 MB. It is the oldest version that is the Facebook Developer Toolkit 1.0. And i hope that it will be compatible on your phone and you will be easily install it.