Thread: How to control thread priority in Windows Phone 7

How to control thread priority in Windows Phone 7

I am using the windows mobile from a long time and making some applications for the same, recently I am working on an application which is web based but the problem with that I am not able to use the thread priority method in the application. I wanted to control the thread priority feature because the background threads that download the image from web makes slow the UI. So, please provide me some solution to overcome these issue ant suggestion on the topic will be appreciated and I also heard that there are a number of the method of the .NET that will also run in the Microsoft Visual studio 2010 Express, so is there any method please tell me.

Re: How to control thread priority in Windows Phone 7

There are a number of the methods available in the .NET programming language that will resolve your problem in the Microsoft Visual studio 2010 Express. The method public ThreadPriority Priority {get; set; } is used to include the Thread priority method in the Emulator. In addition to that the set and the get attributes are used for controlling the thread Priority in the windows Phone 7 in the Emulator that is written using the software Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express that will definitely resolve your issue.

The problem that you have mentioned above is not related to the thread priority control because in most of the modern hardware’s including the windows phones the download speed is going to be bound to the speed of the connection and not the speed of the processor. So, you are trying to wrong steps to resolve your problem.

If you are using Web Client, I advice you not to use as it raises its callback actions on the UI thread. So if you are doing any box file I/O in the callbacks, it will be jamming the UI. File's technique only supports synchronous operation. But the functionality to apply asynchronous methods like the ones you explain certainly survives. In this column, I'll walk from end to end two ways to do it, starting with the additional complicated, but more efficient, of the two. So, the Web Client is not the solution to control the priority thread.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The problem that you have mentioned is occurring in the phone is due to the HttpWebRequest or the UI Thread or Web Client methods not executing properly in the Windows phone 7 which has caused the slowdown of the Web browser and the internet applications. So to overcome this issue you first have to correct all the methods and the tag which are;
    namespace WebClientHttpWebRequest
    {
    public partial class themainpage : PhoneApplicationPage
    {
    Constructor and the other codes follow;
    }
    }
    Similarly for the other methods perform the required action to get the solution.

ThreadPriority describe the set of all probable principles for a thread priority. Thread precedence state the relation priority of one thread versus another. Every thread has an assign priority. Threads shaped within the runtime are initially assigning the Normal priority, while threads created exterior the runtime retain their preceding priority when they enter the runtime. You can get and set the main concern of a thread by accessing its Priority assets. The priority of a thread does not influence the thread's condition; the condition of the thread has to be running before the operating scheme can schedule it. So, the priority of the thread only concern with the processor priority.