Thread: How to connect Windows Phone 7 emulator to Internet?

How to connect Windows Phone 7 emulator to Internet?

The Windows Phone 7 is very good in performance and now I wanted to use the internet on the phone through the emulator. I wanted to use the emulator of the phone to connect to the network and then browse the internet on the windows phone 7. I have tried a lot for the settings but cannot be able to connect the internet as there is no connection menu under the settings options. So, what is the actual problem here and how can I overcome these issue any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve the issue.

Re: How to connect Windows Phone 7 emulator to Internet?

Windows Phone Emulator supports mechanical network pattern for the majority of the ordinary scenarios, such as a straight connection to the Internet, a link to the Internet by means of a proxy server, and a link to the network by using VPN. The emulator mechanically configures the alternative settings by querying the operating system for the alternative information. To overcome the problem you have to try to verify the network on the host system and make sure that it is working there. The other thing that you have to examine is the internet which is accessible by opening a non-cached web page on the host system and then you should try to open the same page on the internet Explorer.

The solution that you have provided does not worked for me and I have followed all the steps properly and make all the network connection but there was no internet connection established in the emulator of the Windows Phone 7. So, what is the exact problem and how can I overcome this any advice will help and is there any problem with the other applications running on the system which does not allow the internet connection to established.

There might be a number of the issue in the system which causes this problem so you first need to do Troubleshooting Network Connectivity on Windows Phone Emulator which will try to find the problem in the connection, to do that follow the steps given below;
    • First you need to authenticate that you have network connectivity on the host computer system.

• Then you need to verify that the Internet is reachable by opening a non-cached Web page from the host computer system, and then release the same page by means of Internet Explorer (7, 8, 9) on the emulator.

To resolve the issue stated above you need not change any settings to enable the network in the emulator. To get the connection and the connectivity to the emulator you should use the network connection from the desk top operating system automatically and after that check that you are able to browse the internet via the Internet Explorer in the emulator. If after that you are not getting the internet connection then you can go for the re installation of the Visual Studio 2010 Express for the windows phone 7 and after the installation repeat the same process to get the solution, this will for sure help you to get the solution.

The major problem here is that you are not able to get the internet connection in the emulator of the windows phone 7, so first we need to check the internet connection by using the NetworkInterface. GetInternetInterfaceType tag id used to determine if a network connection is available or not. After performing these steps if you get the result on the emulator as NetworkInterfaceType.None then there is no connection present and at least in the emulator, NetworkInterfaceType.Wireless80211 is the result when a network is present and you can access the internet with the help of that. You can also try the for NetworkInterfaceType.Mobile tag which will be result when the internet connection is present for the mobile and work in the emulator.