Thread: Can Mac Air Power Adapter be used to Charge Up My Mac Power Book?

Can Mac Air Power Adapter be used to Charge Up My Mac Power Book?

I have Mac Power Book which is G4 500 and it has 500MHz processor, 256MB of fitted memory and a 1MB reverse cache, a 20GB hard drive, DVD drive, 56K internal modem, one PCMCIA slot, and Mac OS 9.1. The problem which I have is that I have lost my power adapter for my Mac Power Book and I want to know if Mac Air Power Adapter is compatible to charge. Can I do the charging using Mac Air Power Adapter for my Mac Power Book? Is there any problem which can be created if I do the charging also it will give me with the same back up as it was provided by the Mac Power Book Adapter? So if anyone using it correctly please do the reply.

Re: Can I use Mac Air Power Adapter to Charge Up My Mac Power Book?

I was having same issue when i lost my power adapter which i was using to charge my Mac Power Book but after using and referring to the MagSafe adapters on both the machine I was able to use the power adapter of Macbook Air to the Mac Power Book. So I think it will defiantly should work in your case same as it worked in my case, so if you are not using MagSafe adapter than go for it any after which you can charge from MPB to MAP. Let me know if it worked in your case.

Yes it is possible to use Mac Air Power Adapter to charge your Mac Power book. But it might create certain problem because the power output which is there in MacBook Air adapter is comparitibly less than that of the MacBook Power. And there are occasions where you can deplete the battery faster than it will recharge so it’s better if you use the original power adapter for charging any of your macbook. But I have seen many of MacBook Power laptops are being charged by MacBook Air adapters, so if you want to go for this than can be one of the option for you to do.

I am using Mac Air Power 84 watt Adapter to charge Mac Power Book which uses power adapter of 45 watt from last couple of month and I am facing no such issue. Recently I just forgot to take Mac Power Book adapter charger with me when I was on the trip. So when I found that I was having the power adapter of Mac Air Power I just gave a try and I was very happy to see that it was able to charge and provide me with the similar battery life as it was provided by my Mac Power Book power adapter. So I think there should not be any issue to charge your Mac Power Book with power adapter from Mac Book Air.

I think you don't have to take unnecessary risk by charging your Mac Power Book with the power adapter of Mac Book Air which might not provide you with the back up that provided by the Mac Power Book power adapter. So i think you should go for new power adapter instead of using using power adapter of Mac Book Air. Just visit to the nearest Apple store and get the power adapter for paying some money instead of getting your macbook on risk which may cost you more.

Yes for sure you can go for Mac Book Air power adapter to charge your MacBook Power adapter. There is no such issue that it will harm your machine but it may happen that you will not get that much power back up if you use other than allocated charger for your MacBook power. If possible then you can avoid it otherwise you can surely use it as option if you are not able to get the new power adapter for your machine.