Thread: Error when calling existing WCF service in windows phone 7.

Error when calling existing WCF service in windows phone 7.

I am getting error while calling WCF service which is hosted in a sharePoint site using a silverlight application through the common domain. Also I am using a link for the sharepoint for query the database. This is my first issue and the other one is follows below After this when I go to build a service reference it shows a warning massage which is like “ custom tool warning which indicate that the method is not supported”. It is stating to the reference.svmapfile which is at the first character of the file. Is it related to the ssl services if yes then I have to wait as I have all the services from ssl only? Any help to this problem.

Re: Error when calling existing WCF service in windows phone 7.

It seems that this is an issue related to the clock on the emulator is fixed some other time which lead you to fail the massage authentication which is may be a cause of timestamps..I think this may help you to sort out the issue. To fix this issue you need to set up a webpage on the server using JAVAscript into it which will help you to get the time on the emulator device which should be into this time. After this set your individual server to the time within the gap of five minutes of it.

Well I think I may be able to solve the problem as it seems that it is probably due to lack of the experience with the WCF sharepiont and the link which you are using. I will suggest you to use SPMETAL generated class example type rather using your own class. The return type list should be LIST <SPMATEALgeneratedclass> instead of <mycustomclass> as I told you that it will generate the mappings of my sharepoint. So it will be a waste of creating my own class which causes the data contraction unnecessary. Try doing this may be helpful to you.

I think you need to check some minor checking to get the desire solution which I am stating below:
    • This may be cause of proxy which may occur at the time of creating the proxy which led you to get an empty client configuration file.
    • And go through this example which is very simple for working with a WCF webhttpbinding services with windows phone 7 application using webclient. One more thing I am guessing that you may not be using a proper URL also you may be hitting the .svcwebservice page which may returning you the html on your screen. You may be getting something like this:

[OperationContract]
    [WebGet(UriTemplate = "data/{value}")]
    string GetData(string value);
    hope this may be helpful to you try this.

It appears that the WCF Service things on the Phone are not totally faultless yet. I have a number of difficulties with receiving information from a "normal" SOAP WebService which argues the particulars in a number of additional threads here no solution up till now. If it bring only one string, the whole thing is great. If I attempt to get back a string array - not anything will be there just an unfilled array. Similar if I attempt to accept an information structure from the repair to the phone. All that workings completely on a Silverlight web app. I think this may be helpful to you.