Thread: Does Windows Phone 7 supports tethering?

Does Windows Phone 7 supports tethering?

Hi have decided to purchase a windows phone 7 and I am doing it since my dad is forcing me to use this phone. Initially I have used all my phone that I had to provide the internet connection on my laptop. But now I am not sure that whether the windows phone 7 supports tethering. I want the internet connection badly but that through my mobile phone since I fell that it is the cheapest and easiest way to have an access over internet. Please help me in knowing whether the windows phone 7 supports tethering and if not then there is any other way to make it possible. Also please let me know the specifications of this phone with all its features.

Re: Does Windows Phone 7 supports tethering?

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that it is not possible to do tethering with the windows phone 7. According to me Microsoft have not announced any related things about the windows phone and tethering. I am sure that you will not be able to get the internet connection through this phone because the operating system doesn’t allow you to do so. So if you want tethering first then look out for any other smart phone.

As asked by you here are the specifications of any windows phone 7. And I hope that this will help you to get a rough idea regarding the phone and also yo will be able to know all the features of the phone.
    • RAM -256 MB
    • Flash storage- 8 GB
    • Screen resolution- 800 × 480 (exactly)
    • Touch- Capacitive multitouch with at least four contact points
    • Cellular connectivity- GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA (HSPA+ optional)
    • Wireless -802.11b/g (802.11n optional), Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, FM radio
    • Hardware buttons- Start, search, back, volume, power, and camera (with half-press focus)
    • Camera- 5 MP, dedicated flash
    • Sensors- A-GPS, accelerometer, compass, proximity, light
    • Ports -Micro-USB, 3.5mm TRS headphone jack
    • Miscellaneous options -Hardware keyboard, user-accessible microSD slots

Hi, I also want to know the same thing whether I connect the windows phone 7 and have an internet connection or internet access. I am having the Samsung windows phone 7 and I have recently purchased that phone also it is serving me the best. But one thing that is disturbing me that I am not able to connect that same phone and enjoy the web surf. Please help me getting the same. And also inform if there is any other option that will let me to the tethering. should I go with the same phone or can i use the iPhone to get the internet connection. One friend of mine is using the Apple iPhone to get the internet connection establish on his laptop. So is Apple iPhone better than the windows phone 7?
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you people are thinking of purchasing a Windows Phone 7 device and if you are planning to use the same for your internet connection. Then I feel sorry to say you that it is not possible to do the same or to connect the windows phone 7 and use them as tethering. Using such phone to get the internet connection is not possible because all the latest smart phones of windows don’t support tethering. It is officially declare by the company itself that their new smart phone will not have such facility. And also if you badly need to connect your phone to the laptop then make sure you use the iPhone because the Apple iPhone supports tethering and it also a smart phone. I hope that this will help you to take the proper decision. And then you will be able to decide whether to go with the iPhone or the windows phone 7.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital time in finding the solution. After going through all the solutions I have came to a conclusion that I need a phone which supports the tethering since it is the first priority for me. So if I want to connect the mobile phone to the laptop and have the internet access then it is not possible for me to do it with the windows phone 7 but the same thing is possible with the Apple iPhone. So I am purchasing the iPhone instead of the windows phone 7.