Thread: How can I avoid a Windows Phone 7 from going to sleep or backlight turn off?

How can I avoid a Windows Phone 7 from going to sleep or backlight turn off?

I recently bought HTC Obsession phone from Windows phone 7 which comes with lots of features and functionality. It is phone from windows which comes with external memory of 32 GB and screen size of 3.7-inch with AMOLED “Multitouch Supported”. But the thing I want to know here is how can I prevent my phone from going to sleep or the backlight turning off? If anyone currently using it or have any idea related to it please to reply.

Re: How can I avoid a Windows Phone 7 from going to sleep or backlight turn off?

You can perform certain settings on your windows 7 HTC Obsession phone which will enable you to keep your phone not going for sleeping mode or phone backlight turning off. You need to perform setting in the setting menu where you need to mention and disable the backlight off option after which there may be no such issue will appear of backlight getting off. I think this will be the sure short solution to resolve your problem with backlight.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Re: How can I avoid a Windows Phone 7 from going to sleep or backlight turn off?

To prevent phone from entering in the sleeping mode you need to just need to do the manual setting on your phone. You have to go into Sounds & Display Settings where just move to the option as Screen Timeout where you need to just turn off the timeout after which screen will not go black. This is very useful when you want to sync Spotify offline lists and the screen switches off then the phone move to sleep and therefore the application goes to sleep. So just perform above setting this will resolve your problem of sleeping mode.

You can use below mention methods to do your both things:
    Code:
    PhoneApplicationService.Current.UserIdleDetectionMode = IdleDetectionMode.Disabled;
    This above code will avoid phone screen from locking and stop screen lock option from activating.
    Code:
    PhoneApplicationService.Current.ApplicationIdleDetectionMode = IdleDetectionMode.Disabled;
    You can use above code to ensure your phone application perform under locked screen if it is locked by you.

I think it is on your hand to stop phone going to sleep by the use of the screen and can also perform through settings on the phone to indicate the timeout. It might be possible that user might choose to stop the auto lock screen while using any application. So i think you just need to perform the setting for your phone display and backlight which will defiantly resolve the issue which you want to resolve.