Thread: Will Internet Explorer support HTML 5 on Windows Phone 7?

Will Internet Explorer support HTML 5 on Windows Phone 7?

I have recently purchased the HTC windows mobile phone and it is serving me the best. Till now it haven’t gave me any kinds of problem but the thing is that I just wanted to know whether I can use internet explorer which will support the HTML 5. As I love to surf on internet and also I want the best possible facilities to surf on my mobile phone. Now I want the HTML version 5 that is nothing but the HTML5 working on my system. As it is the latest version of the HTML language and I hope that it will help me a lot. Please let me know whether it is compatible with my system an d if yes then how to install it.

Re: Will Internet Explorer support HTML 5 on Windows Phone 7?

According to me you can’t use the windows 7 with the HTML 5 in this case is yours HTC windows mobile phone. The thing here is that the windows phone 7 is based on the Internet Explorer 7.0 which is not able to work with the HTML 5. I mean to say that it the Internet Explorer doesn’t supports the HTML 5 because the HTML 5 needs the higher version then IE 7.0 since it is not compatible with it. The main issue here is the compatibility.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The windows phone 7 series phones normally don’t support the older applications. So I guess that you will not be able to use the HTML 5 with the Internet Explorer 7 it may be need the higher version like the IE 8.And if you are happy with IE 7 then you have to try out the HTML 3 or HTML 4 rather than the version 5 because I don’t think that it is compatible with the IE 7. So you have do one thing just uninstall the HTML 5 and then install the version 3 or version 4. I hope that it will help you for sure.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is something wrong with the browser that you are using. As mentioned by you in this case you are using the Internet Explorer 7 , but I guess it is not working so to fix this problem what you have to do is just uninstall the IE 7 and then install the Mozilla Firefox 3.7. It will help you to use the HTML5 which you need badly. If this version will not work for you then make sure that you install any latest version of Firefox that will enable you to work with the HTML 5. Firefox has all the latest features and also it is compatible wit the windows phone 7 so no issues regarding the compatibility will come.

It seems to me that you are not aware with the fact that Microsoft has officially declared they have no plans of using the IE in support of HTML5. I mean to say that the operating system that the windows phone 7 has will not support the HTML 5 or rather in simple terms is that the HTML 5 will not be compatible with the operating system of the windows 7 mobile phones. They also said that initially they tried both of them together but found lot of problems. So here in this case I want you to not use the HTML 5 because if you are forcibly trying to install the same then it may prove harmful to the mobile phone of yours. It also can damage the operating system of the mobile phone and it it is damaged then the phone is of no use until you fix it up. So take care wile taking such decisions. I hope that you are now well aware to it and will not commit such mistake.