Thread: Cannot migrate from Macbook Air to Macbook Pro!

Cannot migrate from Macbook Air to Macbook Pro!

I am a user who is using a Macbook Air but now I am kind of interested in using Macbook Pro, However i have got both the laptops with me but the main question of my is how can I take all the data from Macbook Air to Macbook Pro. Please help me with how can I perform this work.

Re: Cannot migrate from Macbook Air to Macbook Pro!

You can connect both the laptops on the same Wireless network and try to connect both the laptops. This allow both the laptops to find the respective addresses and try to maintain a connection through which all the related data can be transferred between them causing a connection between them. If the internet connection is good the process wont take much time and your work of getting all the data can done in minutes.

Other option is that you can make a copy or an image of your Macbook Air to an external USB device HDD and then the data from the current laptop can be migrated from that to the new portable device. The external USB device always works because you copy the data to an external device i.e a kind of clone is created and then you can connect the same to any other related devices you want. Through this your data remains safe and the files are transferred easily to Macbook Pro.

The documentation of all the data present in the laptop should be placed well in the drives so that their does not occur any issue while copying the data from one system to another. Organization is an important part of the migration because through organized data the laptops can easily migrate the data from one part to another. It wont create a issue if the data are well kept in all the drives because it may happen that some of the data might not be copied from the desired location creating an errors.

E-mail Migration is another process through which the migration of Macbook Air to Macbook Pro is possible. For E-mail migration the Macbook requires few mailboxes on the Mail.app client built into Mac operating system. POP accounts are other features in which the old POP account can be retrieved my using the new POP accounts through the use of USB disks.