Thread: MacBook Air Screen turns black without any reason

MacBook Air Screen turns black without any reason

Few days back i bought my brand new macbook air laptop. It worked fine with all its application working as per they are intended to. But whenever I press the Power switch on my computer, it starts up with a black screen and also displays a message saying that an error has occured due to installing new hardware . It asks to perform some simple things such as "Run in safe-mode" or Run with Command Prompt or run normally. If i press any of the following options the entire screen just turns black and i am not able to see anything on the screen. So i request you guys to help me out of this freaky situation.

Re: MacBook Air Screen turns black without any reason

It must be hardware problem with your system. Because if the screen is not working properly or it just goes black whenever you start your MacBook Air laptop. First thing you should do is you must go to the service center for checking the system. Because it is not related to the software of the system. You should go to the service center and ask the technical person for your problem about the screen because i personally think that it is some hardware problem . So go and have it replaced with a newer screen.

Yesterday I did some research online, when my Macbook's screen went darkall of a sudden!!! It was so dark that it was not possible for me to see any thing on the screen.. Next day I again turned it on but still the same condition. So i found out one solution for this. The solution is: While it was switched on, I pressed the power switch for about 10 seconds to turn it off completely. After that I unplugged the cable and removed the battery and waited for say 5 mins. After that I put back the battery again to its place and turned it on, and IT WORKED for me..Yeah!!!! Just try this out as you never know it will work or it wont..

Yes it worked for me too.. Thank you so much. Actually i was pretty tensed about this situation as i had purchased a brand new laptop just few days back and this kind of problem just screwed me up. But thanks to you carlos 16. When i tried to unplug the battery from the system and do as per your instructions, my problem was solved after that. I took out the battery and i followed your instructions. After that i was able to see my screen clearly. Thank you once again.. Any one with the same problem should try this trick at least once. The problem will be solved. I hope this information will help you solve this problem.

Hey the problem is definitely with the screen. Which means that the problem is a hardware problem and not related with the software of the system. What i think is you must go to the service center and ask for service. If it is under warranty then tell them that you want a replacement for this screen because if you have the warranty you can ask them for the replacement and if your warranty expires than they will just give you the same simply by servicing it.