Thread: Windows Phone 7 with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Installation Problems

Windows Phone 7 with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Installation Problems

I have recently downloaded the Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate and thought to play around the Windows Phone 7 development but i guess there is some kind of incompatibility issue between both of these. I am unable to install the developer tools. I am trying to install the SDK but it seems like only works with the express edition.

Re: Windows Phone 7 with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Installation Problems

I didn't faced any problem while using the developer tool on my Windows Phone 7 so there is no compatibility issue between the Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate and Windows Phone 7. I guess this issue is related to the Silverlight 4 as if you have installed it from the Microsoft Update then you should uninstall it and then try installing Windows Phone Developer Tools CTP again. I guess it should be working now.

As we approach the release of Windows 7 Phone, Microsoft has released the development environment for Windows phone Phone 7. With this software you can create applications and games in C #, attention, develop applications in Visual Studio 2010 Express Phone for Windows 7 are not compatible with Windows Phone 6.5. So Microsoft provided free software Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows 7 Phone, Phone Emulator Windows 7, Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio, XNA Game Studio 4 and Expression Blend for Windows Phone 7. You need a computer with Windows 7 or Windows Vista Starter Edition out for Windows 7.

It's the big announcement of the conference keynote MIX in Las Vegas Development Kit for Windows 7 Phone is available! Important points:
    1. It is absolutely free!
    2. It is based on Visual Studio 2010 and Expression Blend RC 4
    3. As announced last week it will use Silverlight and XNA applications and games.
    4. An emulator allows you to test your applications before the output terminals - he even supports 3D acceleration! (It is actually based on EDX)
    5. It is available on the portal developers Windows Phone

The development kit has been designed to be accessible and simple: you can quickly and easily make beautiful applications that users will enjoy right out of the first phones!

The release of Windows 7 Phone is approaching and the whole environment stabilizes. Following the release of the RTM (final), it was the turn of another very important development kit for building applications. This kit is based on a trio that over time becomes the basis of all developments at Microsoft: Visual Studio, XNA and Silverlight. Recall that in order to create an application on Windows 7 Phone must fully review it. ".Net" is mandatory, as well as Silverlight, XNA used for games (like Windows and Xbox 360). The final development kit may be retrieved from the official website. It should be clear to those who have created applications with earlier versions they might no longer work. In the final version because some APIs have changed substantially, breaking compatibility with those that were in development. In addition, controls Bing Maps, panorama and pivot will be available for drag and drop in this final version of the tools.

Microsoft finally explains all the development opportunities that are available for Windows Phone 7. These developments will revolve around four new features:
    • Development from beginning to end: in combining Silverlight for "internet applications" very comprehensive and the XNA Framework for games, developers and designers can offer applications to graphics and worked in the ergonomics study.
    • Free SDK: Microsoft will soon Studio 2010 Express for Windows phone, which was coupled with Silverlight will develop applications without additional licensing cost.
    • Windows Marketplace Phone: Marketplace today will give way to a new version richer and fuller. Passage for broadcast applications, this new online shop will operate the account possibiltés Live unique, but also the payment through the operators.
    • Silverlight 4 (RC) and Expression Blend 4 (Beta): Silverlight development environment and now in version 4 (RC already available) and will be mated to a new version of Expression Blend (4 beta) for the interface design graphic (and animations).

When trying to install the final WPDT (using ISO file, as well as vm_web.exe), I'm getting an error message saying that it detected incompatible products: VS 2010, .NET Framework 4 Multi-Targeting Pack.

I have Windows 7 Enterprise, VS 2010 Ultimate.

Uninstalling Silverlight 4 didn't help.

Any idea ?