Thread: MySQL database as data source in WP7

MySQL database as data source in WP7

I am currently being using Windows Phone 7. I had added up the MySQL as software for the purpose of database. I am not able to connect to a MySQL Database using the .NET connector. I am not able to use it as a data source. Actually currently I am working with the project, in it the application requires the authorized user with the help of it, I am able to access the data in the database. The database is hosted on a server of MySQL. How could I use MySQL database as a data source in Windows Phone 7? How the data source will be help for me? Please provide the solution for it? Thanks

Re: MySQL database as data source in WP7

Hey, I do have the same problem related to it. As a database Administrator I usually works on MySQL to store the data on the database server. I got the solution for it. The main problem to it is that we will not be able to find the MySQL on either Windows Mobile or windows phone 7. Usually it does not support the local database support. It will be better for you to get directly connected web services. Windows Phone usually plays better support than any of the Windows Mobile 6.x. rather than connecting to the corporate data or a data on a server it is best to go with the services provided by the server.

You are directly trying to plug to the server of the database that is the MySQL server with the help of the personal computer or desktop API on a Windows phone 7 series device. It is hundred percent impossible to work. The simple way is you just need to build a WCF web service, and then make use of the MySQL API in your WCF service and then host it on server which is IIS. This will somewhat help you out. As you are new to the development of the database.

As much I know about the database is that it usually stores up the data. You are not able to use it as a data source. As your data is posted on the server of the MySQL . It need to have the authorized user to access the data. With the help of database administrator you may able to access the data. Do one thing reinstall MySQL in your system and then reboot your system. First you should have to Uninstall MySQL from your system and then install it. Register yourself as the administrator. If still the problem persist just visit to the given website. You may get some kind of help from it!