Thread: Windows Phone 7 Wifi Hotspot / Tethering

Windows Phone 7 Wifi Hotspot / Tethering

I am thinking to buy a new phone and i am confused between the Windows Phone and Android phones. Actually i have used the HTC EVO which has an Android OS and i liked as i would be able to share an internet connect of this phone with my laptop via Wifi, This option has been provided by the Sprint. Now i want to know that is it possible to do so in the Windows Phone 7 with the Wifi. If the Windows Phone does not have a Wifi Hotspot or Tethering feature then i guess i should go buying an Android Phone. Can anybody tell me that Windows Phone 7 has it or not.

Re: Windows Phone 7 Wifi Hotspot / Tethering

I have one common thought that any new thing in the market is going to have many kind of mistakes in it. But an important thing is how many of them are curable by providing the updates for the same. Likewise, Windows Phone 7 is just been released and it is but obvious that there would be some issues using an internet connection with this operating system but users have to wait for next upgrade to get rid of all these problems. Though it would much better to use an older version of the Windows Mobile OS until update for Windows Phone 7 comes out.

Windows Phone 7 can not connect to Wi-Fi networks whose network name (SSID) is hidden. This information is embarrassing for Microsoft, which launched its new smartphone this week. Regarded as a security measure inefficient, non-broadcast SSID is nevertheless quite common in companies. Windows 7 Phone offers no way to add a Wi-Fi manually. Only the selection of a Wi-Fi can connect to it detected. It is hoped that the Redmond giant releases an update soon to address this failure.

Data synchronization is one of the fundamental points in the success of a mobile system called "intelligent". Windows Mobile can not do without ActiveSync / Windows Device Center. Windows phone will go through the Zune PC software. But right mobility, wireless synchronization is back. Currently limited to multimedia content (music, video, photos ...), this feature of Windows 7 Phone provides an interesting new feature: the automation synchronize the PC and Windows phone. Indeed, Windows 7 Phone detects the Wi-Fi is the home network and then automatically launch a two-way synchronization with PC "host". This means that, for example, the latest podcasts downloaded to the PC, or pictures taken on phones will end up duplicated on both machines, without user intervention.

Keep in mind the goal of Microsoft to build the Tender "Windows Phone 7. Unlike Windows Mobile the objective here is to control the experience offered to the customer. This implies a very strict, and tradeoffs between richness and simplicity. The target's initial product is the general public (not necessarily understand the very tech-savvy users). And this target is not interested in the hidden wifi networks. So yes why not let the opportunity through a menu, simply? Microsoft has certainly preferred concentrated its efforts on other useful functions in the first place. next update will be that.

Windows Phone 7, the latest Microsoft operating system, has trouble with Wi-Fi. In fact, the management of the famous standardized brand is not complete : This operating system is unable to connect to a hidden network. Hiding the SSID (network name) is not a reliable protection (it is fairly easy to detect SSIDs that are not directly visible), the option is sometimes used in such enterprises. Windows Phone 7, it was confirmed by a Microsoft executive, does not support SSID hidden. Indeed, the only way to choose Wi-Fi is to select from a list. Means to enter the network name directly, prior to make things simpler for the general public. Hopefully the choice will come of the SSID at the same time as the copy / paste in an update scheduled for early 2011.