Thread: Macbook Air Hinge broke

Macbook Air Hinge broke

My macbook air hinge finally snapped and I try to close the thing then heard dreaded clank noise. The Hinge was snapped out of its place and when I try to place it, it is coming the way and If force then the covering next to the hinge is also coming out. So I was unable to close the lid yet. I have apple care warranty but I am afraid if they return to this by saying Accidental Damage and if they will do it free then they will take at least month to repair it. Do I need to take any proof? and whats your suggestions whether they will do it for free or what? Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestion.

Re: Macbook Air Hinge broke

I took my Powerbook from India to California and screen died on that trip. i take it to the Santa Clara Apple store and they got the screen fixed and shift it to me.My Powerbook came with broken hinge so I again contact the Apple store and they fixed it and shipped to me. My experience with Apple store was always good from last five years and they have always fix my computer issue and never blame me for demage. I think if you go to Apple store with your AppleCare certificate and they will fix the problem. You will not have any issue.

My macbook air snapped its hings, I try to close the lid and heard a cringe-like sound. Next day when I open the lid both of the hinges snapped out breaking the grey plastic bezel which covers the antenna. As I stay in Romania and there is Apple store in my area. I call to Apple customer care and have appointment with them. They took my Macbook air for repairs and no questions were asked if it was out of warranty. they said that they will replace the hinge, bottom case, lid and bezels, logic board and iSight camera free of cost. The repair will be done in the next seven working days. This is good news for me and save 800 euro for the display replacement.

Thank you for your suggestion.I took my Macbook air to Apple store shop and they did not ask any question about the warranty. They do the repair free of cost and they replaced it in within two days and now it is working fine. So I am happy with The apple customer support .

As far as hinges issue they will probably same and be careful when handling the computer in future. Ask the person what cleaning products to be used for your Macbook air as the cleaning products change from country to country. This is important as some of the cleaning products may weaken the hinges. The repair to fix hinge do not cost too much. Remember not to use it until it get repairs if they break again in future.I have my Macbook air from last year and will not trade it as it is too light and I will get it fix if it is getting break again.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I too have the same issue with my Macbook air as my hinge snapped and I contact the apple tech support and they ask me How the thing snapped. And they inspected to see if there is any physical damage and after they checked it then they send it for replacement. I got my new replaced screen in four days and the hinge are really tight. I have got the Macbook air the day when it was launched over two years back. So I am expecting to something go wrong so that I can use my apple tech support. But I need to be careful in handling it as my warranty period expires last year.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The same thing happened with me too the Hinge broke. So I went to authorized service provider they said that they will repair it, left it over there so that it can be repaired. After five day they call me saying that that I got a brand new screen but the computer is not getting started as I need a new logic board. How does this happen? First the problem is with screen but now I need a new logic board. This is unbelievable and it was my first Apple computer.