Thread: Windows Live ID Integration in windows mobile 7

Windows Live ID Integration in windows mobile 7

The new version 7 of Windows Mobile is launched. Windows Mobile 7 indicating that users will gain greater flexibility with a much simpler interface and specially designed for touch screens. It is clear that the split between Windows Mobile 6.5 and 7 is present. So much so that Microsoft should not offer to upgrade the current Windows Phone 6.5 to the next version. I also using Windows Live ID. I want to integrate the windows live id with windows mobile 7. Please suggest.

Re: Windows Live ID Integration in windows mobile 7

Windows Live Essentials, offered as integration from the windows phone 7operating system, its existence to the regulatory oversight that is exercised Microsoft since the beginning of the previous decade. Microsoft has decided not to integrate a number of applications in its system and to develop them independently of the cycle of Windows. Windows Live Essentials is a set of services that the user is prompted to install together. It includes Live Mail, a mail client rich successor to Outlook Express and Outlook for the public to which it borrows many features. Live Messenger is now able to manage multiple simultaneous conversations in specific tabs. It also incorporates various contacts from social networks to which the user subscribes.

The browser is Internet Explorer. And yes, the rumor's true: It won't be as fast as Mobile Safari. Not to start. But it's not bad! Hey, least it's got multitouch powers right out of the box. Naturally, you've got multiple browser windows, and you can pin web pages to the Start screen, like any other decent mobile browser. The Outlook email app makes me question how people read email on a BlackBerry. It is stunning. I never thought I'd call a mail app "stunning," but, well, it kind of is. It's the best looking mobile mail app around. Text is huge. Gorgeous. Ultrareadable. Of course, it's got Exchange support too.

If we now look at Windows phone 7 we saw Microsoft remove many of the default applications like Mail and Calendar so the company couldn’t be sued for bundling applications with the OS. Now the only way to access similar applications from Microsoft is to download the Windows Live suite. Microsoft could well follow a similar idea with Windows Mobile, but not for fear of being sued. It makes more sense to me to have a single calendar accessible on any Microsoft platform, whether that is Windows, Windows Mobile or on the cloud; the same can be said for contacts, tasks and several other aspects of Microsoft services. Instead of Microsoft providing download applications to access these services I expect they will embed them within the OS with mobile calendar being the Windows Live Calendar. Some people could be concerned with the integration then between Windows Mobile and Office Outlook, however through the merging of Office and Windows Live in the cloud, through Web Apps, I can see a closer integration between Windows Live and Office Outlook.