Thread: API to store or retrieve videos in WP7

API to store or retrieve videos in WP7

I want some API in order to store and retrieve videos in windows phone 7. Can we store videos on windows phone 7 library? Do you know how can I save sample videos to emulator? media-library has API to restore photo albums and songs only.Please let me know if there is any API to store videos in future?

Re: API to store or retrieve videos in WP7

Applications can not be stored or retrieve video content in medialibrary. There is aim to allow an application to reference files when launching media player task. There is no way currently to add API to access or retrieve video content in the Medialibrary. There is some hopes of having API in future in order to retrieve or store videos on Medialibrary.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Mark Chamberlain's (MFST moderator) said that If OEM ships a front facing camera and right drivers then hybrid applications can be written on OEM and pre-installed into camera.OEMs can put drivers on phone for any hardware they provide. This driver functions can make available to developers through software APIs. If HTC continues to provide their dll camera on windows phone 7 device as they provide on windows phone 6.5 devices then you would be able to access raw videos and insert 3D graphic on those stream and then you can display the augmented video. It also means that your applications would only work on HTC phone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Applications do not have access to any hardware videos stored in Medialibrary but the videos can be stored on application that are obtained from other sources such as a web service in Applications IsolatedStorage. you will be able to play videos from their own Isolatedstorage. This is really pretty bad restriction. This mean that no augmented reality app can be built.

It is expected that an API for video retrieve and store would be released in the near future. Silverlight is already having this one. Microsoft might ship a windows phone 7 version 1 and project planning is focused on mandatory features for this release.. you will have a second version of windows phone 7 within a short period of time and this will include part of the missing stuff. If you can remember at the time of silverlight birth some similar pattern happen with version 1.1. And this was required closely following the initial release. I am extremely disappointed about this. Microsoft plan for windows phone 7 is absolutely rubbish.