Thread: Windows Phone 7 as a Media Center Extender

Windows Phone 7 as a Media Center Extender

I have a problem with Windows Media Center: I just bought a Windows Phone 7 and I had with a remote control with which I can control windows media center but the thing is I need to install the unit in windows media extender is that someone can help me? My Extender's message pop up any time simply remove all connection with the xbox360. Any idea. Please help.

Re: Windows Phone 7 as a Media Center Extender

To add media (or selections) using an Extender, After setting up an Extender, you may need to add media (like music, pictures and recorded TV shows or playlists) to appear in the Extender. This procedure is the same as for adding multimedia content to Media Center on your computer. For more information, see Add media files to the Windows Media Center.
    1. On the start screen Windows Media Center Extender you, go to Tasks, Then click Settings.
    2. Select Multimedia Library.
    3. Select the type of media you want to add, then click Next. (If you add selections, select Music.)
    4. Select Add folders to the library, Then click Next.
    5. Depending on the location to store your multimedia files or selections, select one of the options under Where are the files to add?Then click Next.
    6. Navigate to the folders you want to add by clicking the buttons, select the checkbox next to each folder. (The files in subfolders will be included in your selection.)
    7. Once you've selected all the folders that Media Center must be monitored, click NextOn Yes, use these sites, Then Finish.

In addition to its "Windows Portable Media Center, Microsoft today unveiled an interesting module for Windows Media Center which is logically called" Windows Media Center Extender. This "pack" will allow windows phone 7 with Windows Media Center to share their multimedia content (video, photo, music ...) with all other devices in the home via technology such as WiFi wireless network. The consoles certified Windows Media Center Extender will soon see the day (see photo cons), they will connect to TV classics that they can operate and view the multimedia content stored on their PC. Microsoft also announced that TV directly certified Windows Media Center Extender is also planned.

You can automatically integrates your libraries of content (audio, image and video), can watch your TV channels in HD and record them using his digital video recorder. This new release is controlled conveniently using a MCE compatible remote (or keyboard and mouse). The program, more fluidity, decodes faster, creating slide shows, access to your shared libraries locally or on shared network folders (including NAS). Both say that Media Center keeps getting better with every version.

Microsoft had given birth to the Media Center Extender, a device category to shifting the functions of Media Center PC to show by example. The concept, while attractive, did not really work because of too many limitations and a limited release in the U.S. alone. With Xbox 360Microsoft has integrated the functions of Media Center Extender to its console. But then, everybody does not buy a console just to watch TV or videos. Also, the Redmond giant planning to a new offensive in the Media Center Extender, with the key new products, especially at D-Link or Linksys.