Thread: Slow SSD - help needed on reformatting

Slow SSD - help needed on reformatting

Hi to all advisers. I have macbook air with 128MB SSD which is now running very slowly. I want to bring back it to its original state. I thought that reformatting is the best idea to make it live. How can I reformat it? I know that standard utility format is not the best way to do. Please do not provide any incorrect process. Is it the same way of formatting process which we use in macbook pro?

I am not sure about the steps in macbook air for reformatting SSD. I can give you the process of macbook pro. This process matches the formatting technique of normal hard drive.
    1. Put the backup disk in Disk drive
    2. Reboot the lap and hold C key for 10 seconds. It will open the Disk utility in the Mac OS X installer.
    3. Select the particular disk and erase the appropriate partition.
    4. Quit the disk utility program
    5. Continue with the rest of the setup wizard

As my information concerns the different process used for reformatting the Solid State Disk and mechanical Hard Disk. The SSD must be wiped out securely so that it will actually delete the blocks which marked for deletion. I advise you to ask the suggestion of any professional or apple service provider. Go through several articles about these issues and match the solution. You will get to know which one is the right solution.

The SATA based macbook air SSD work faster. If you want to change the SSD unless reformatting I suggest you to take look at ZIF socket SATA Solid State Disk. The Stand force controller one are the best SSD’s . Because of garbage they can minimize performance even OS not supports TRIM command. Also have look at other SSD drivers. Slow performance occurs due to SSD handles the file deletion process.

The SSD feature in Mac book air is the best feature that apple used. Because it affected the many of the manufacturer. And I don’t think that the SSD is having slow performance in apple based OS. Windows based system had the similar problem. Other than formatting update the patches. Apple has fixed several issues regarding SSD performance degradation. It tested the SSD using several peripherals to make sure that future users wont get any trouble.