Thread: iPod seems to have filled up the start up disk

iPod seems to have filled up the start up disk

I am having one issue with the iPod of mine which is not working with the upgrade to the iOS 4. Actually i have cleaned up the startup disk and after that trying to perform the iOS 4 upgrade for same but it failed in midway. After that the iPod startup disk got automatically filled up. I am unable to upgrade to new OS. If any one is having the solution for same then please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: iPod seems to have filled up the start up disk

I think that i am having the solution for the same as i have gone through the same issue and after trying the below given step i got it working with the issue of mine. So if you can then go through the below given step and see whether it is working for you or not. I hope this will resolve the issue of yous as it did for mine.

1. Go to User Name
    2. Jump to Library
    3. Then to Application Support
    4. Now go to MobileSync
    5. Now delete the Backup folder in the MobileSync folder.

If this is not working for you and you are still getting the same problem with the device of yours then i will advise you to go with the reset of the iPod which will help you with the Factory setting on the same. So if you can then go through the same and find the same.

If your iPod is connected to a computer and displays any of the following messages, you should eject the iPod from within iTunes instead of resetting it:
    • Connected. Eject before disconnecting
    • Sync in Progress. Please wait…
    • Do not disconnect

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Volume Down button simultaneously for at least eight seconds or until the Apple logo appears. You may need to repeat this step. If the above step did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep. Try resetting the iPod while it is connected to power. To know more about the same go through the below given link.

iPod Reset

If nothing is working with the issue of yours then i will advise you to check whether you are properly updating the same or not. To know about the proper update method you can check the Apple site for the same. If still not getting any solution with the problem then i will only advise you to contact the Apple team regarding the issue and ask for same. So if you can then go through the same and see whether you are getting any solution for same or not.