Thread: External Displays not working on Macbook air

External Displays not working on Macbook air

I am using Apple Macbook air laptop. I try to connect projector to my Macbook air laptop but failed to connect it. Projector which i try to connect with my laptop works with others laptop devices. Other function of my laptop are performing well. Is there is a any problem in my display adapter? How can i solve this problem? Please help me to solve this problem.

Apple Macbook air laptop have two Micro-DVI (video out) port and Mini Display Port (video out) for external connection. So if you want to connect external monitor, television, or projector you can connect them directly to one of this two ports. So you connect projector with one of this two port and check it connect properly or not. If there is a problem with one port then try with another port.
    Last edited by Wiro; 26-10-2010 at 01:41 PM.

yes. I think you have a problem with your display adapter card. If projector connect with other machine and you get problem in a connection that means there is a problem in your laptop. So check your display adapter card on another machine and then try to connect projector to your laptop. If still problem is there that means there is a problem in graphics card. So check your graphics card if ti repair then repair it. otherwise change it.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Re: External Displays not working on Macbook air

This is a hardware problem with your Apple Macbook air laptop. So i think you have to check your laptop. If you have warranty for your apple laptop then you have to check it in a warranty period. You call on apple customer help center and tell them your problem. If there is a major problem with your laptop then you will get replacement for your laptop. If warranty period exceed then you have to repair it from hardware shop.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think there is a problem in your laptop adapter port. So if for proper connection you can use converter to convert video adapter to USB port so you can directly connect it via USB port. Also Check all your connection are proper or not if not then make a proper connection and then check your problem.