Thread: Installing a third party program on macbook air

Installing a third party program on macbook air

I have a cool MacBook Air purchased few days ago and its working really good. Now, problem is that i want to install a third party application onto my MacBook Air, but the problem is that the third party application is on my home computer system so i first installed the application program from my computer onto the the CD and then when I tried to install the program from my CD onto the MacBook Air , it continuously gave me an error message saying that "Please install the program CD". But the CD is in the MacBook Flash drive and the CD contains the software. Please can someone help me to sort this problem out.

Hello you can try one of the options and check out which will be beneficial for you.
    1 You can enable DVD or CD sharing on your desktop and the and then share the software program that you want on your MacBook Air.
    2 If this doesnt helps you then you must try to connect your pc and MacBook to the same network over wifi and then you can perform file sharing.
    Now you can have the 3rd party program on your macBook and you can run it to get it installed. If that doesnt solve the problem the problem might be in your 3rd party application program.

Re: Installing a third party program on macbook air

Even i was facing the same problem with my MacBook Air and i was not able to install the 3rd party application program from a CD onto my MAcBook. I made use of 'Migration Assistant" manager and it worked for me. Using " Migration Assistant" might be a problem as it will install all the applications rather then just one. You can even use a 'Firewire Connection' on the Air if it supports it. If this doesnt solve your issue then you have to download a new version of 3rd party application software.

Re: Installing a third party program on macbook air

Looks like this is a common problem for all the Macbook Air users. From this we come to know what features MacBook Air lacks. From all the above discussion i think MacBook doesnt support DVD/CD sharing options , it just have files options. Also the fireware connection for MacBook is still not out. Also macBook Air doesnt have disk image concept.
    So the only way to solve this problem is to send the Macbook Air to the apple store and get a superdrive.