Thread: Macbook Air: FaceTime Camera

Macbook Air: FaceTime Camera

I am planning to buy Macbook Air which is the new device from the Apple. I am having one query related to the FaceTime Camera which is installed in the Macbook Air by replacing the iSight Camera. I wanted to know what new feature are added with the FaceTime Camera and Does this is having the better resolution then the iSight. Or it is just a new name for the iSight. If any one is having the knowledge regarding the same then please let me know about the same. Also wanted to know what more feature are added in Macbook Air.

FaceTime Camera

With its function FaceTime gently incorporated into the 4 and the new Macbook Air, it is now obvious that the mark to Apple intends to conquer the market for VoIP and video communications. Indeed, if the rumors report the arrival of FaceTime on the iPad, it should also be shortly on computers running Mac OS X. That would bring a modern touch to the area of VoIP and Skype might shake the current market leader. This was previously added to the iPad and iPhone and now continued with the Macbook Air. This is reported and review as better then the iSight. This is all i know about the same and hoping that you will like the same.

Re: Macbook Air: FaceTime Camera

Indeed, during the WWDC Keynote or Wednesday, Steve Jobs and Apple are therefore able to show us the new MacBook Air! That technological change in terms of fineness, etc. unibody.

But what Steve told us to forget is that the cameras located at the top of the screen, which we used for iChat and now FaceTime Mac, although this camera has lost her sweet and pretty little name " iSight "simply.

You will say "Stop the suspense!" Well I'll tell you it is going to play clue!

• I am also in more than 10 million devices
    • I'm as small as I want in the nomad
    • I'm so revolutionary that I rekindled the flame of Video

Yes FaceTime the cameras. The same as we are now in the 4th generation iPod touch and iPhone in 4. This camera has the property of being very thin and can very bulky, thus fits comfortably within 5mm of the screen of the MacBook Air. Are what this pretty little name going to be democratized for all Macs? I personally would put my hand cut off.

Facetime on Mac

FaceTime for Mac makes it possible to talk, smile, wave, and laugh with anyone on an iPhone 4, iPod touch, or Mac from your Mac over Wi-Fi. So you can catch up, hang out, joke around, and stay in touch with just a click. Sure, it’s great to hear a voice. But it’s even better to see the face that goes with it. From the tiny camera on your Mac comes a huge video-calling experience. The window frame and controls fade away so you can enjoy your conversation without distractions. With picture-in-picture view, you can see how you look to the person you’re calling. And everyone can gather around the big Mac screen and get in on the fun. When you call someone on an iPhone 4 or iPod touch, you see everything on the other end without a hitch. Whether they use the front or rear camera or rotate from portrait to landscape, FaceTime for Mac smoothly adjusts the view. FaceTime is easy to set up on your Mac. All you need is an Apple ID and an email address and you’re ready to roll. To start a video call with your best friend, just find her entry in the Contacts list. FaceTime works perfectly with Address Book so you don’t have to enter your contacts from scratch. Click her phone number if you want to call her iPhone 4. To call her iPod touch or Mac, use her email address. An invitation pops up on her screen. When she accepts, the video call begins. And there you are, face to face. Mac to iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac.

Source: Apple

FaceTime is the new technology which revolutionize the Video Call and many more feature of the Macbook Air. Not only the Macbook but also it is used by iPhone 4 as well as iPad. There i doubt about it that it better then the iSight that is why the Apple implemented this into the latest 4th generation devices. And the clarity and accuracy noticed by the FaceTime is not visible in any other application. It can also give you the proper quality while watching on the Big screen. So just enjoy the same and work with the it.

The new MacBook Air comes in two versions, a 13-inch and one 11. Emphasizes the design, great battery life, the absence of hard disks and body Unibody. It is designed with 100% flash storage to provide greater stability and responsiveness, and includes a trackpad supports multi-touch technology.

By removing the hard drive and use flash storage, it has been possible to include a larger battery, enjoy up to five hours of battery life (with a charge) in the 11-inch model to some incredible seven hours in the model 13. The MacBook Air in sleep mode has 30 days battery. This will allow for greater autonomy and working time away from an outlet.

Features:
    • Processor 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 6MB shared L2 cache, 2.13GHz processor or Intel Core 2 Duo with 6MB shared L2 cache
    • Memory 2GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM (4GB maximum)
    • Flash Storage 128GB or 256GB.
    • Weight of 1.32 kg.
    • Glossy widescreen LED-backlit 13.3-inch (diagonal) can reproduce millions of colors.
    • Graphics Processor NVIDIA GeForce 320M with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory.
    • Full-size keyboard with 78 keys (USA.) Or 79 (ISO), including 11 function keys and 4 arrow keys (arranged as inverted "T").
    • Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial movement, allowing pinch, rotate, swipe, three and four fingers, tap, double tap and drag.
    • Battery life of up to 7 hours without cables. Up to 30 days of standby.