Thread: Hinge problem with external damage

Hinge problem with external damage

I bought my new MacBook Air. There is no software problem it. It is running very fine. I found that the hinges which is on the joining of screen and the keyboard is lose so whenever I try to use the laptop then the screen moves in forward direction and that is very frustrating. Now I have to provide some support to it back side to make it steady. Do you have any suggestion for that then please tell me the way to do that? Thank you very much in advance.

Install new hinge

Normally you will not have any such problem with the laptop hinge unless you drop it somewhere on floor. Or there is possibility that someone has forced the screen to a big angle then the normal that makes the hinge damaged. To fix this you can simply order the new hinges online or you can also buy that from local dell service center. Buy both the left and right hinges. If you buy it new then you will get about 90 days warranty for that. You will also get the manual for this and by reading that manual you will be able install that by yourself. It is very easy to do.

Re: Hinge problem with external damage

Is that damaged by yourself or it happened by itself. As you told that you bought it new, so you must have the warranty card for that. Just check out whether it is in warranty period or not? If that is under warranty then you don’t have to do anything by yourself. Just call the Apple care and ask them for the solution. Or you can send it back to the manufacturer. This will be the best and the safest way to get it resolved.

Calling applecare solves the Hinge problem.

I was also having the similar problem with mine so called the Apple care. Problem was that it was out of the warranty period and therefore they told me that they will charge for repairing that and I accepted that. They changed both the hinges of my Macbook and for that they charged $450 from me. They told me that it was over extended. But from then it is fine and remains on the angle where I set it. You should also call them and get it repaired.