Thread: Enable to Trash items from my "Free Agent Drive"?

Enable to Trash items from my "Free Agent Drive"?

I have a apple MacBook Air laptop. I also used a external hard disk drive. But i have problem with my external hard disk drive. When i connect it to my laptop it says "Free agent drive" on my desktop. I can't delete, cut the item from my external hard disk drive but i can open it and copy, paste the item if i needed. Now i want to delete some item (data) form it. How can i delete it? Please help me to solve my problem.

Re: Enable to Trash items from my "Free Agent Drive"?

First you have to check your external hard disk drive file system. If your external hard disk drive using NTFS as file system then your MacBook Air laptop won't support it properly. With the help of "Disk Utility" option check your external hard disk drive file system. Windows support NTFS as a file system. But your OSX can read it but not write without any additional solution. Deleting and cut is a form of writing. So you need a additional help to run your external hard disk drive on MacBook Air.

You have to check your external hard disk drive on another system if same problem you get then there is a problem in your external hard disk drive. Check there is any setting problem with your external hard disk drive. Go to BIOS setting and check your external hard disk drive setting and it detesting properly or not. You have to show your external hard disk drive to hardware person if there is no any problem with setting. You have to repair it to solve your problem and for well performance. If you have warranty for your external hard disk drive then replace it in a warranty.

I think there is virus in your external hard disk drive and because of that it not allow you delete or cut the data from it. You have to delete all the virus from it and then try to delete the file which you want to delete. Install updated anti-virus in your MacBook Air laptop. Scan your whole laptop and remove the virus from your external hard disk drive. After removing all virus reboot your laptop. Now connect your external hard disk drive and check your problem. I think it solve your problem. So try it.

You can copy- paste the files from your external hard disk drive to other destination. SO first copy- paste the files which you don't want to loss. I think if your external hard disk drive affected by virus then you have to format your external hard disk drive to solve your problem. Right click on your external hard disk drive. Then click on format option. It format your external hard disk drive and now you get blank hard disk without any data files. Now copy- paste the data in it and try to delete files from it. I hope it will work.