Thread: 3G/4G on Macbook Air

3G/4G on Macbook Air

I am having an iPhone and recently i have purchased the Macbook Air 2010. Now i wanted to implement the 3G/4G network on the Macbook of mine and regarding which i need your suggestion for the data plan which offers the same. I am unable to find any service provide who are offering the same. So if you can then please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: 3G/4G on Macbook Air

As you are already having the iPhone which makes the problem simple. I think that the AT&T offers the tethering with the iPhone. They charge around $20 on the monthly basis. You can get the upto 2GB of the data with the same. It is better to get the plan from the official partner. So if you can then go through same and see whether you are getting any proper plan for activation the 3G or 4G on the Macbook Air. You can check out the data plans on the Official site of the AT&T. I hope you will find some Good data plan.

I am also expecting the some kind of then 3G card slot in the Macbook Air but after going through the review of the same i come to know that there is no slot or support for the Macbook Air is not yet advise. Apple has to take care of this as most of the people are expecting this feature to be implemented on the new Macbook Air but as usual Apple did the same. This is feature is implemented in iPad so expected in Macbook Air. I am unable to understand the reason behind this. I hope that Apple will take care of this on there next release of the Macbook Air in future. Atleast a 3G sim card slot can make the 3G networking possible of Macbook Air.

To believe the latter patent filed by Apple, the next MacBook Air will probably be equipped with a 3G antenna, which team currently iPhones. In any case, what can be said discovering the drawings illustrating the device. A device that is still made up of 17 patents to enable laptops hit the apple wireless communication and especially without necessarily resorting too often reluctant to WiFi when not absent. You can also access the 3G network with the help of the 3G router which can give you the ability for same. So if you can then go through the same. Also it is better to contact the Apple regarding this query and see whether they are giving any proper suggestion for same or not.

Then Apple introduced the MacBook Air as the ultimate portable machine, it is interesting to speculate why a device for browsing via the 3G network was not implemented. Is this due to the low penetration of next generation network in the U.S. where a more distant project, and especially more lucrative? The statements by Mr. Jobs still rather mysterious in many respects. First, how a chip 3/4G usually designed to go into ultra-thin mobile phones, so a chip no bigger than a fingernail, could "take place" in a MacBook Air? The second assertion lend even more confusing: since when Apple cares about freedom of choice of consumers when its flagship product (the iPhone of course) does not allow it? Furthermore, why limit a chip inside it the choice of operators, so that many computers competitors (HP, DELL) did not have this problem. It could also perhaps mention the additional cost brought about by a 3G chip, but the latest it would only cost 15 Euros on a high-end computer which cost him around 1700. Many questions therefore remain on hold as to the ways of Apple, which remain (not always) impenetrable.

Why the MacBook Air, mainly designed for use on the move, it does not contain any device that would connect to 3G or 4G? The question was asked by Ed Baig to Steve Jobs who reportedly responded: "Apple is already working on it" But the fact of adding this option would take much space and restrict consumers to a single telephone operator, whereas with a USB modem, this would leave the choice." What conclusion can we draw from this strategy of deliberate forgetting? Some are already a service that could very well resemble that of SFR / Eee PC in being profiled. Apple could repeat the same types of contracts with the iPhone, that is to say an unlimited data subscription with a partner (AT & T), which would surely give him a share of the subscription more than substantial.