Thread: Restoring from TimeMachine reboots randomly my MacBook air

Restoring from TimeMachine reboots randomly my MacBook air

There was a problem in my MacBook Air apple laptop. I just repair my MacBook Air from hardware showroom and try to restore my all data from my Time Machine backup. I have backup in my external hard disk drive. I want to restore my all data which is stored in a external hard disk drive backup file. When i try to restore that backup file it start to backup and after some time laptop just rebooted without any warning. What can i do to restore my system?

I think you have a problem in your backup file. If you didn't create a backup file properly so that gives you problem while restoring it. So check your backup file created properly or not. If not then you are not able to restore your system with the help of Time machine software. I think from next time whenever you going to create backup of your system then create a backup properly and then store or keep it on proper place.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Re: Restoring from TimeMachine reboots randomly my MacBook air

Apple developed the Time Machine software to creates backups of files that can be restored at a later date on your system. It is really useful to get your data back if there you get any problem with your system. I think you have problem in your Time Machine software so you have to check your Time Machine software. Check this backup software on another machine. If you get problem in your backup software then uninstall it and install new Time Machine software. Check your new software working properly or not.

You have to scan your external hard disk drive. If there is a virus in your external hard disk drive then that also affect on your backup file. So scan your external hard disk drive with the help of updated anti-virus and remove all the virus from your external hard disk drive. After removing all the virus from your system try to restore your MAC air laptop. I think after deleting the virus it will restore your backup file if your backup in your laptop system.
    Last edited by Regina; 26-10-2010 at 08:57 AM.

You didn't mention the reason for repairing your MacBook Air laptop. If still there is a problem in your MacBook air then you have to check your laptop. First check your backup file on another Mac system if there you don't get any problem in restoring the system then you have a problem in your laptop. If you have a warranty then check your laptop in a warranty. If you have problem in a MacBook air flash drive and it won't work properly so also check it.