Thread: Laptop connected wirelessly but can't browse the Web

Laptop connected wirelessly but can't browse the Web

I have an acer aspire laptop, purchased at the end of 2007, which has a Linksys N Model WRT 300N v1 router and a Comcast ISP. I am using Windows XP with Firefox 3.5.8 and Internet Explorer 8. My problem is that whenever i try to connect my laptop wirelessly to connect it to the internet it does connect successfully but i am not able to see anything on my laptop, that is no websites starts. I have tried both browsers but both of them show exactly the same problem. When I type some website name eg google in the title bar the webpages starts to load, the status bar says it's "Transferring data" or some other statement, but everything hangs, the little circle thing keeps spinning, and nothing ever appears. Can any one suggest a proper remedies for this problem. This problem started few days ago.

Re: Laptop connected wirelessly but can't browse the Web

There can be two solutions for this kind of probIem. Since you are using 2 browser ie, internet explorer and firefox then you can use both the solution and see whichever works for you.

I If you are using internet explorer, go to TOOLS, select INTERNET OPTIONS , then select CONNECTIONS and then LAN SETTINGS. In that make sure that NOTHING is checked. if something is checked then uncheck it. Click OK. Then you have to restart your Internet Explorer.

If you are still not able to see any website then you can also check out the next option.

2 Open FireFox, go to TOOLS , select ADVANCED, then select NETWORK, go to CONNECTION, click on SETTINGS. Over there you should have DIRECT CONNECTION TO INTERNET selected. Then again restart your firfox.
    Hope this works for you.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The problem can also be solved by changing your computer user and running as an administrator and the changing the setting for your internet explorer or firefox.
    For this you need to follow certain steps. These are as follows.
    • Firstly, you must Login as Administrator
    • Select start menu and the click on run.
    • This will show you some kind of a black screen on your desktop.
    • In the dos command line
    • ipconfig /flushdns
    • gpupdate /force
    • Then restore IE / FF to default state.

This will change the setting of your internet explorer to default state and your problem might get solved.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Even i was facing the same problem, but with my desktop computer. Whenever i try to access any website the internet explore will just freeze although it shows that it is loading the pages but actually it doesnt. I even scanned my computer with a good legal anti virus but everything comes up clean. After trying so many option i went through this solution which was prescribed by my friend.
    I went into "Internet Options" , then I selected "Tools" and under "Advanced Settings" selected "Reset". This resetted the internet explorer and everything started working for me again.

If resetting the internet explorer or firefox doesnt works for you then you should contact your network service provider to check and see whether there is any problem from their side. Also you must check your wireless network for the same. If any of these function doesnt works for you then you must format your laptop and see. It might be that some harmful viruses might have entered into your laptop which is restricting your internet explorer or firefox to perform the suitable task. Hopefully some of the option should work for you.