Thread: Mic of MacBook Air is not in the working condition.

Mic of MacBook Air is not in the working condition.

I have recently purchased a brand new MacBook Air and yesterday i notice that the mic present or we can say the inbuilt mouse was not in the working condition, As i want to use the MacBook Air for the skyping its a big disappointment that my mic is not working. Is there is any way that i can fix a new one if yes then what it will cost for me?, Or is there is any way where I can connect an external mic to it? One of my friend suggested me about the USB mic. Is there is any thing like that and if yes then whether it will be compatible with my system. Please help me in this case i am worried a lot and also i needed a mic badly.

Re: Mic of MacBook Air is not in the working condition.

I think that i can help you in this case, The thing here is that there is a cable which connects the mic with the logic board and i think that cable or wire is damaged or it has been dispatched from the systems logic board. If this is the case then you just one thing contact ant technician and let him connect that cable again with the logic board. Also there me another case where your mic is internally unfortunately we can't do anything if your mic is damaged from inside. If this the case then you have to place the complaint in front of the Apple service center and i hope that they will help you in this case for sure.
    Last edited by Wiro; 26-10-2010 at 05:34 AM.

It seems to me that there is a problem with the mic of yours so what you have to do is buy a new mic or there is a better option of you that you that purchase anew USB mic. I guess USB mic will help you in this and for that you have to install it on to your system and then do one thing once you will install the usb mic then just restart your system and if you are done with it then the mic is ready to use. Also make sure that the mic that you are installing must be compatible with the system of yours and if it is not compatible than the mic will not work.
    Last edited by Halina; 26-10-2010 at 05:54 AM.

I was also facing the similar problem a few days before mine also mic was not working so what i did is just purchased a headphone which also contains a mic with it. What it will do is just make the skyping easier for you. Also make sure that you will purchase a new and the branded one that will help you to get better voice clarity. The thing here is that it may also happen there may be any problem in the system of yours so it is my advice to you that place your complaint on the service center of the Apple and i hope that they will help you for sure.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"