Thread: Mac Book Air 13" the right device for occasionally editing photos?

Mac Book Air 13" the right device for occasionally editing photos?

I have been using the iMac mainly for editing the photos. Now I want to replace my old windows based laptop to a brand new Macbook Air. I was flexible of editing photos on old laptop. Now I want to confirm whether the MBA will match my flexibility or not? If yes which are the MBA models can suite my flexibility? If not please tell me the reason of it. Is different processor can make any big difference in photos while editing?

The MBA is very suitable for photo editing because of its high resolution LED screen. It also supports many of the high end photo editing applications which usually helps the editor pick one his/her favorites. As processor part concerns my conclusion that some applications work faster on 1.83 CPU and some are on 2.13. It depends upon which application you choose. But the evaluation says that 1.86 comparatively faster than 2.13.

As my concern I will not get a MBA if were a photo editor. I will just upgrade my system RAM to twice of its current capacity. The more the RAM you can work higher quality photos very efficiently. The design of MBA is suitable to access your major things. You cannot process RAW images as well. It is little hard to work with higher MP Photos. So I urge you that upgrade your old laptop whether it’s RAM or HDD.

If you are a professional photo editor it is better to buy a good Laptop other than MBA because of its batteries. You cannot swap the batteries in MBA. So I suggest you to buy a laptop with replaceable batteries. If you are storing large amount of files and RAW images then you should check everyone other than apple.

How to Install a RENICE SSD (Solid State Disk) in a Macbook

Let’s take a look the installation of upgrading MacBook AIR
    Things You'll Need:
    • Macbook AIR
    • ZIF Solid State Disk
    • External ZIF Enclosure
    • Screwdriver
    1. 1
    You can buy solid state disks for fairly cheap and good quality from RENICE .While it may be tempting to purchase a large one, a 32GB drive will be more than enough to hold your basic system information and applications. You'll then be able to use your old hard drive as external storage.
    2. 2

First we want to mirror all the data from the macbook onto our new SSD. Open up the enclosure and install the SSD. Plug the external into the Macbook.
    3. 3

Open disk utility, and select the SSD from the left hand pane. Click the Partition tab on the right. Set the Volume Scheme as "1 Partition." Set the Format to "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)." Click the Options button and insure "GUID Partition Table" is selected. Click "Apply."
    4. 4

Open Carbon Copy Cloner. Under source disk, select your Macbook's main hard drive. On the right hand pane, select your SSD as the Target Disk. You should seen a green light that lets you know the drive will become bootable. When you're all set up, click "Clone."
    5. 5

When cloning is complete, turn off your macbook and unplug it from the power source. Turning the macbook over, insert the penny in the slot and rotate it to open the battery compartment.
    6. 6

Here comes the hardware stuff, so let's take this part slow. Slide the battery out and set it to the side.
    7. 7

There are three small screws along the inside of the compartment. Unscrew them and gently lift out the hinge.
    8. 8

Facing the newly revealed slot, there is a small white plastic strip on the left hand side. Pull it out to reveal the hard drive.
    9. 9

Unscrew the harddrive from it's brace. Remove the SSD from the external enclosure and screw it into the brace. If you'd like to continue to use your old hard drive as an external drive, you can install it in the external enclosure.
    10. 10
    Insert the SSD into the harddrive slot. Screw the bracket back in, and pop the battery back in place. Your upgrade is now complete!