Thread: Restoring toshiba satellite L300 254 laptop to it's factory settings

Restoring toshiba satellite L300 254 laptop to it's factory settings

I purchased a Toshiba L300 254 laptop a few months back, due to daily usage the performance of my laptop has been decreased very much. My laptop is giving a lot of issues these days,despite of having updated Anti-virus installed in my laptop,it has a stock full of viruses. I tried a few troubleshooting steps but it did not helped me much. I want my laptop to get back to the factory settings,please help me in restoring my laptop.

Re: Restoring toshiba satellite L300 254 laptop to it's factory settings

Restoring a laptop to it's factory settings must be considered as last step to resolve any issue i.e if it is confirmed that there is no other option left, then opt for it. What troubleshooting steps did you follow? You did not mention your laptop configurations, RAM and most importantly the operating system installed in your system.The method of restoring the setting varies from the sort of the operating system we use in our system.

I use both windows xp and windows 7 operating systems. My laptop has 1GB of RAM.My laptop was working fine before, I had downloaded a few games and software's 2 weeks back. Since then it is working slow .I tried a few of troubleshooting steps myself. i deleted all those games and software which I suspected were causing problems, Then I used the disk cleanup utility and scanned the laptop twice for virus. I have got back up of my data in my portable hard drive.So now I want my laptop to get back to it's factory settings.
    Last edited by Judah; 26-10-2010 at 04:52 AM.

A processor of a system does a number of tasks at a time called as multi-threading. But some tasks if out of the processors' capacity may effect the it's functioning and may freeze or error and sometime the system gets crashed. So to fix that problem hard reset and restore can be done. Depending upon the circumstances and manufacturer's the resetting can be done.
    To perform a hard reset turn off the laptop first.
    Unplug the the power cable and remove the battery from the bak using a coin.
    Press the power button and hold it for few seconds.
    Reinstate the battery to its slot and turn on the laptop.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Restore factory settings means to reinstate the settings of the laptop or the system to the default settings which was there when the system came out of the manufacturing into the market for sale.A laptop cannot be resetted to it's factory settings without the help of a resource cd or recovery cd. A Norton ghost of the windows can also be created and can be consodered as an alternative to the restore settings. A ghost image of the windows is created of the windows on the other partition of the hard drive and can be used as a supplement of the windows if any problem occurs in the windows.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's