Thread: unable to install the 10.6.x on my MacBook Air

unable to install the 10.6.x on my MacBook Air

I am trying to install the 10.6.x non my MacBook Air but some how i ma not able to do it. The thing here is that whenever i have tried to install the 10.6.x on the system then it tends to give me the error saying that "Mac OS X Snow Leopard cannot be installed on this computer" . Also i have already installed the 10.5.x and now i am trying to do install the 10.6.x. The problem i guess is only with the 10.6.x since when i try the same thing with the 10.5.x then it works properly. I don't know what is wrong with it and also not able to fix the problem. When i install the 10.6.x then nothing happens on the screen only the grey screen appears with the Apple logo.

Re: unable to install the 10.6.x on my MacBook Air

I am also using the same system that is the Apple MacBook Air and using the same operating system but the result is different. I mean to say that it is working fine with me with not a single problem. I think that you have not installed it properly because it may happen that there may be a problem in the installation process and if it is not proper then it tends to give such error. So what you have to do here is that make sure that you install the setup again and this time please don't commit any mistake.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is something wrong with the Cd or DVD that you are using. It may happen that the set up of the operating system that you want to install is not proper then you have to to just make sure you use the original disk. The thing here is that if you use the corrupted disk then it fails to boot and the set up will not start, so it is important that you use a original disk. I hope that changing the disk will solve your problem.

If you want to solve your problem then you have to follow the below steps but before following this steps keep one thing in mind that you should have a current Time Machine backup on a different disk.
    • Start up from the disk you want to install Snow Leopard on.
    • Move the "Backups.backupd" folder from the root level of your hard drive to the Trash.
    • Enter your admin password if prompted. Important: Do not empty the Trash unless you have a backup on a different disk and want to delete the Time Machine backups from this disk.
    • Move the "Backups.backupd" folder from the Trash to the desktop.
    • Install Snow Leopard.