Thread: How to Upgrade the HD of MacBook Air

How to Upgrade the HD of MacBook Air

Hi i am having the Apple mac book from and using it from the last few months, i am using it with the windows 7 operating system and processor of Intel core 2 duo also the 80 GB hard disk. I am happy with how the things went up till now and also with the performance of it. The thing here is that the 80 GB memory which i was having is full and now i am not able store more data non to it. Now i want know whether i can use the Toshiba 120GB drive (MK1231GAL) to work with it and if not then how can i upgrade it. Please help me in this case and let me know the way of upgrading a Hard Disk.

Re: How to Upgrade the HD of MacBook Air

If you will ask me than it is not possible because theoretically it sounds ok but while we are actually planning to do it practically then it is not possible. What you have to here is just try and make use the apple hard disk only because the compatibility issue may come into picture here. I guess Toshiba will not be compatible with the apple system. So please don't try to upgrade the HD with it use the original one, and that too if you are using the Toshiba 120GB drive (MK1231GAL) I don't think so it will work.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that if your hard dis is filled than you can use the portable hard disk also. A portable disk is also known as the external disk which can be connected to the system through the USB cable. Usually this hard disks are compatible with almost all the operating system and i am sure that it will help you also and as mention the system requirements by you it will be compatible with your system also.

If you will ask me then Officially it is not possible that the hard drive in the MacBook Air is replaced Because the thing here is that the apple MacBook is not designed for it or we can say that the end user can't upgrade the hard disk on his own. Also i can say that the MacBook is not the perfect system to have an upgrade on your own. So what you have to do here is that just contact the service center of apple and place the complaint over there that you want to upgrade your hard disk i am sure that they will help you in upgrading the hard disk. And also there is no need of purchasing a new one. Also they will let you know how to do it so the next time you can do it on your own.