Thread: Macbook air internal speaker stop working

Macbook air internal speaker stop working

The internal speaker and headphones on Macbook air have stopped working. I have search on Internet and found that a lot of guy are having this issue so the problem I think is not related to Hardware. Does any one have any solution to get rid of this problem? Does there is any fault in any of the software bug due to auto updates. many guys seems to point that this was happening due to iTunes. I did not know how to fix this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Macbook air internal speaker stop working

I too have this problem but I was thinking this is related to hardware issue. I do not have sound from both (internal speaker as well as headphones). When open garage band it disply this error message core audio driver not found. When I press the volume button on keyboard it flashes up the level indicator on screen.The sound preference display message that no output devices found. Volume slider with grayed Mute box ticked.I will let you know if I get any solution to this problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I also have the same problem with Macbook air Internal and we are not the only a lot of folks are having this problem. So it is not hardware problem I also think that this might be some bug with software update possibly iTunes. I will also see more mac forum to get solution about this and if I do find any fix keep you updated.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

This will explain how to reset the PRAM parameter random access memory and NVRAM(non volatile RAM) on mac. Procedure to reset PRAM and NVRAM
    step1) Shut down the computer
    step2)Locate this keys:Command, Option, P, and R
    step3)Turn on system
    step4)Hold command-option-P-R and press this keys before gray screen appears
    step5) Hold keys till computer restarts and you will hear startup sound second time
    step6) Now release the keys

I have the same issue lost sound, the audio menu says no onboard sound device. The problem was with audio flex cable it is a cable that run from internal speaker. I have ordered a new cable, replace it and now everything is working fine. There is no need of replacing audio or logic board. I think that the internel heat melted the cable but later on notice that the it does not run near processor where machine get hot. I guess that the tiny wires inside the wire are breaking. The plastic coating discolors at the bend points. If your macbook is out of warranty then I would suggest you to replace the cable and see if the problem is solved.