Thread: How can I add memory to Macbook Air

How can I add memory to Macbook Air

I am using macbook air. In future itmake me happy by buying a mac or macbook or macbook air. I ask you some questions. Is it possible to change, increase Ram after buying the mac (from a 1gig 2gig) For I fear for the future of not having enough with 1gig and as my budget is limited right now. It is also possible to do this with the hard drive. Whether the Ram or could I order it. Thank you very much for your response.

re: How can I add memory to Macbook Air

The 2 GB of memory in the MacBook Air will suffice for the vast majority of users. But it is impossible if need to add memory in the MacBook Air. Indeed, these strips are welded! Damage. If you want power, take a MacBook "which you add an SSD. That you will probably be cheaper, with an option to change RAM and SSD, with the same screen size, connector and more and a CD / DVD. Actual battery life is satisfactory (6 hours approximately). If you want mobility to the extreme, the Macbook air is quite appropriate. Personally, I ordered my MBA in version 11.6.

The bar SSD can be removed and replaced upon giving (yet) a turn of a screwdriver. Do not expect however kits update, Apple uses a proprietary connector. Contrary to what some suggested, this Module is not supplied by SanDisk, but Toshiba. The bar in question has 4 chips of 16 GB addition to saving space compared to a hard drive, this system has another advantage: its weight. This storage unit weighs only 10 grams, 35 grams lighter than the MacBook Air's hard drive from previous generation. Contrary to what some suggested, this Module is not supplied by SanDisk, but Toshiba. The bar in question has 4 chips of 16 GB addition to saving space compared to a hard drive, this system has another advantage: its weight. This storage unit weighs only 10 grams, 35 grams lighter than the MacBook Air's hard drive from previous generation.

As on previous models, the RAM is soldered to the motherboard. However, when ordering, the user has the choice between 2 and 4 GB of RAM, which was not previously the case. We urge you to take 4 GB in passing. You're often likely to be bothered to change the Ram his MacBook, MacBook Pro, PowerBook or iBook as you do not know what to put. Now this gap is bridged.

On the MacBook Air, the launch of the application Dictate was particularly long. Offhand, I'd say close to two minutes. I had already noticed that it was long on my iMac. However, this did not matter much, since once launched there is no reason to stop Dictate. I had to open AirFoil and Antidote. The interpretation of sentences and the display were a bit slower than the iMac, but not significantly. It was a very pleasant surprise. I've had no problems installing double Dictate on my MacBook Air. Probably due to the fact that the administrator password, my administrator name are the same as the iMac. On the other hand, I did not install with the CDs. I copied the files from the existing iMac.