Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Macbook air Gen 1 heating up

Portable Devices

Old 25-10-2010

Macbook air Gen 1 heating up

My MacBook Air freezes very often and makes increased garnix more. The whole process takes 5-10 seconds and occurs about every 10 seconds, with time increasing. Acts like a temperature problem, mainly in "graphic intensive" things like ... Videos. Must not even HD, even standard video or surf around on Youtube is already problematic enough. Ne long time tolerated the laptop no screen saver. The CPU temperature is not the problem; sometimes the device is stable to 85 C and increased on other days even at 60 C. Well, whatever ... Strange tasks I did not run and to programs already rich Safari and iTunes. Often Safari alone. The cooling is not per se the problem, and I let it stand on the table, slightly increased so that sufficient air from below. The fan I have especially in the office already switched prophylactically in high gear. Now in this warm weather I have extra I even need to ask a big fan on the table, which goes off constantly on the MBA, or I can work less than 10 minutes. Well chilled it is but decent.

Old 25-10-2010

Re: Macbook air Gen 1 heating up

I also do not deny that my Air and occasionally a little "warm" is, but I do not have such massive problems as you. Where did you buy the Air? One probably. you should let's share. However, if you read through the Apple support forums are also found time people where the Book was replaced 3 times, and the problems continue.
Old 25-10-2010

So I had after upgrading to 10.5.3 as well. Even at normal videos are turned off one core. However, this was pretty sure the fact that the update cool book with which I work, has been disabled or the throttling between the frequencies. That is, it has always worked with up to 800 Mhz and as logically after a while made limp. Until I found the problem but since then it runs again. Perhaps you work so well with cool book and have the same problem, otherwise I also think that you come on Sending not over.
Old 25-10-2010

The fan control (Beta) I had to run anyway, with limited success. And so slowly I was really unhappy about the MacBook Air. Probably would be anyone who makes good 1800 dollars for a notebook, which he must then put in front of a table fan with 40cm diameter, it's running at all. So I followed your advice and ... It is fantastic!! Do you have any special settings? I now first of 0.9 V at 800 MHz in 0.25 V steps up to 1.8 GHz (1.0 V), but the system is already running smoothly as a cat! I sit for hours in the office too hot but have absolutely no problems.
Old 25-10-2010

When the heat so much felt in the housing wall, I would be grateful for - the saying goes, the CPU, the heat can still make. Think of times before that that could not apply heat to the conductive paste on the heatsink on the surrounding housing ... In my eyes it's a good sign when the heat sink is hot. And after I thanked my thermal compound, I would then ask why the CPU to implement as much power into heat. And that could possibly be a software / firmware issue.
Old 25-10-2010

So I can only confirm the heat issues. Since I have the MBA, it just annoys me at the slightest application of the fan is running at 6000 rpm. I cannot even in school have Indesign open (only open to have!) Not that the fan hums. So embarrassing. If Apple does not publish soon a helping update I sell the thing again.
Old 25-10-2010

As we have told yes, there is the MacBook Air enormous heat problems. Are real solutions to it yet, unfortunately, not yet, but some tips to get it "under control". Controllers can also heat issues caused by the power management does not have the grip. To the power management system back on trips, helps to reset the System Management Controller (SMC). To proceed according to this manual (Apple Support Document). A bad sleep can lead to over power the MacBook Air lead. These always make sure that the device actually goes to sleep, no programs are left hanging, or similar. A broken or faulty battery can also be identified as the culprit factors under. For this, the battery through regular check and calibrate if necessary.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,