Thread: Hinges+Display problem on Macbook Air

Hinges+Display problem on Macbook Air

I am using my Macbook Air from last 8 months and i have never faced any problem on my laptop except there was some issue with the hinges of this laptop. I never took it seriously but before few days something happened from the hinges which has been affected on the screen of my macbook. There are some pink/green stripes appearing on my screen. And yesterday the screen got totally gray. I want to ask you guys that the screen issue on my macbook is really related to the loose hinges or there is something else causing it.

Re: Hinges+Display problem on Macbook Air

It might happen that the loose hinges have caused some issue with the screen of your macbook. Still not considering the same situation, I would suggest you to uninstall the display drivers on your macbook and then reinstall them which might solved this problem. There is a possibility as if there would be some issue with the mac drivers on your laptop then it is but obvious to have such issues on the screen.

As you have said that there was some issue with the hinges of your macbook and it is possible that the loose hinges might have damaged the screen of your macbook internally due to which the screen have got pixelated. It might also happen that your screen is not damaged directly but some connection wires which might not be providing proper support to the screen hence it is not able to display all the colors. Whatever could be the problem but i recommend you not to open the macbook on your own which might create some more issues.

As you have bought this macbook just before 8 months, It must be having its warranty which is very much useful for you at this time. I suggest you to directly contact with the dealer from where you have bought this macbook and claim the warranty of your macbook. Most probably the hinges would be the core of the screen issue but as screen is very much delicate hardware of the laptop and it gets damaged so easily. If you have bought this macbook online then you should contact with the Apple Customer Care.

Many macbook users have faced such problems on their laptop's screen but with the different lines of color. Most of the time, The problem was a cable called LVDS Apple. It is a cable that goes from one side on the motherboard and the other side of the screen. This problem could also come from the card backlight, which has never seen yet. The easiest way is to directly place your MacBook at an approved service center and it would be better if you can claim the warranty. It seems like the same issue with regarding the LVDS cable so get ready with the cash if you don't have warranty.