Thread: Firefox Spinning Wheel of Death on Macbook Air

Firefox Spinning Wheel of Death on Macbook Air

I am using macbook air. I get the rotating wheel of death all the instance in Firefox these days. Sometimes it start when I'm just negotiate the page. Anybody know what the heck is wrong? I have tried to re-install Firefox, but it does not appear to help. Also why is my Firefox freezing on me daily? I am often opening new tabs and presentation 4 or 5 pages immediately, and while they are load it seems to be fixed on the annoying spinning rainbow wheel, ultimately leading me to conclusion the program for not responding. Please help.

Re: Firefox Spinning Wheel of Death on Macbook Air

In Firefox 3, do the following steps:
    1. Check in the address bar, type about:config
    2. After that click "I'll be careful, I promise" to continue.
    3. And in the filter box, type ubiquity.
    4. Also find the thing named general.useragent.extra.ubiquity and double-click it.
    5. After that when it asked to enter a string value, just erase the filling of the text box and click OK.
    6. In last, Close the about:config window.

TraceMonkey JavaScript engine (in the middle of other things), its snappy, pages load fast, start fast, restarting is a breeze, addition a few new extensions appear to contain little crash on speed and on top of all, I’m hardly ever visited by the rotating wheel of death. Although I do miss Safari’s addition into OS X and consider it or not, one specific plug-in “Safari140”. Firefox’s plethora of extension sufficiently makes up for what I’m missing. Of course it isn’t now its speed that’s imposing, it include built in geo-location alert browsing, support for HTML 5 and downloadable fonts, a smarter session restore, rapid and easy private mode browsing and Safari like Tab Tearing. But over all else mention, it feels like the nearly all reliable Firefox yet, which let’s face it, for a while here it seemed Firefox might eventually go to itself into the equivalent of today’s Internet Explorer.

A permanent fix to this Firefox loading problem: upgrade Adobe Flash Player to version 10 from version 9. Weirdly, Mozilla/Firefox nor Mac OS X Leopard by no means optional this inform, even when Adobe published version 10 of Flash Player, anywhere Firefox 3 approach by non-payment with Flash Player 9, and in fact, still does. Perhaps Mozilla think Flash Player a system part, rather than a browser part and doesn’t tell Firefox users of carry up to date to such pieces of software. This seems a minute piece odd to me, allow for the only time I use Flash Player… is with web browsers, apart from of whether its Firefox, Safari, or Camino.

You need to upgraded to Flash 10. Firefox be supposed to now be able to load web pages repeatedly, with no restarting/cache clearing, no matter how long you stay Firefox open and running. I’ve been running with Firefox 3.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.5.2 Leopard with Adobe Flash 10 for almost a month at the present and Firefox hasn’t stopped up loading pages on one occasion after having upgraded to the unique version of Flash Player. I’m sure this is a permanent fix for those who’ve been running Firefox with Flash 9 and have been troubled by the ultimate page load problem.

While this by no means happened running Firefox on the MacBook Air (which I use now), it did carry on to reason overheating. I have both the unique MacBook Air (which uses an older 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor) and a newer version (which has a newer 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo processor). operation Firefox on the older Air became indefensible at times because of the heat issue. While touching to Safari didn't totally alleviate the heat problem, Safari did not make the level of heat and fan activity that Firefox did.

You need to use the latest beta version of Mozilla’s Firefox browser that brings built-in support for the multitouch trackpads on modern Mac notebooks. Mozilla’s Eddie Lee produced an new version of Firefox that allowable Mac users to manage the browser with multifingered gestures (no, not that kind). In v3.2 Beta 2, those gesture have been made official.