Thread: Macbook Air failed Repair Disk process

Macbook Air failed Repair Disk process

I have just got the MacBook Air and the thing was that I was not at all happy with the performance of the same as that was described by Apple. I have not found it interesting when compared with the earlier version MacBook Pro. I was heavily disappointed with this. So I posted the above problem in one of the forum and they advised me to run the Repair Disk. Well on their advice I tried to do the same but it failed to run on the system. I posted the same on their forum again and I have not received any further advice from their side and thought of posting the same here. What is the dam problem with the MacBook Air? First there were issues with the performance and now the issue with the Repair Disk Process. Is there anything that you all would like to suggest me in this respect?

Re: Macbook Air failed Repair Disk process

Well to suggest you I think that the problem is not from your side. Actually I have seen many users that are complaining about same or some similar issues with the MacBook Air. I have visited the official site of the Apple and in their complaint section I have seen the list getting longer and longer. I am of the opinion that they will soon come out with something so that they can fix the issues. Well the only suggestion at this moment for you is to wait for some more time and see for the FIX to come. In addition to that I would just like you to have or try saving/repairing the drive with the Disk Warrior. I am sure that by the mean time this can help you a bit in this situation. Happy to help.

Yes it is really true that the complaint section of the Apple is filled with the complaints of the Customers regarding the MacBook Air and I have seen that too. Well in your case Adrie I think that the only solution is the Disk Warrior. It is suggested by the Apple and I think that can really help you in the same manner. Disk Warrior is the safest and at the same time most technologically advanced utility. It is the most powerful utility that can help you get rid of directory harm and recuperate your files, folders and documents. Also in addition to that it is so advanced that it can even help you recover the data from a failing hard drive. Just try the same and I think that can help you in this matter. Do post with the result.

I am also having similar issue with the MacBook Air. Well I never thought that this time my choice is going to hurt me that badly. I was always using the PC from the HP and this time I wanted to have the upgrade and for the very first time I decided to go with the MacBook and what I get in return - PROBLEMS. I am also facing the issues with the Repair Disc process. I am fed up with this and I just want to get rid of it so that I can enjoy the features of the same as was described. I will be really happy if someone can help me in this matter. Also I have read all the above posts and I am glad that I have a something on which I can lay my hand. Will report if the Disk Warrior helps and along with that is there anything that you all would suggest me in advance.

Well I do not know if this will work but I think that if you want you can have Remote Boot on the MacBook Air if at all you want to have that. Just follow the steps below and do report if that helps:
    • First of all on Mac, run /Applications/Utilities/Remote Install Mac OS X 
    • Insert the magic OS X installation DVD on a Windows Machine and opt for _Remote Install Mac OS X from the Install helper.
    • After that click Continue two times and then opt for the the network connection, you can either choose AirPort for wifi or Ethernet.
    • Now start again MacBook Air and grasp the Option key during the start up.
    • From this juncture you will be capable to run Disk Utility from your remote install disk.

Thanks for all the post of yours above, I will definitely try the things that you have mentioned and I will post if that things works or will give me some other problems. At least you all guys came up with something that can be given a try. I do not know why if that was available on the Apple site then why did not they (Other Forums) ask me to do the same. Also in addition to that please tell me from where I can download the same.