Thread: Firewire on MacBook Air

Firewire on MacBook Air

Recently bought a Apple 15’’ Mac Book Pro portable laptop. Which is having the 800 port for the Firewire. Also having a JVC MiniDV camcorder, I usually used the Firewire port for transferring the videos in my camcorder, also having a Apple Mac Book Air 13’’ laptop, there is no firewire option in the laptop. Now I wish to transfer the videos in my Mac Book Air laptop, but for the no option of the Firewire in the laptop, it is just out of luck for transferring. although I have so such idea on Firewire. Any idea on this, and how to transfer the video on the Mac Book Air without the presence of Firewire? any information on this will be thankful.

Re: Firewire on MacBook Air

I think this is the best way to transfer the video on MacBook Air with the Firewire port on the machine. I read your post and suggest you to connect the two portable machines by a Firewire cable by hook them between them, and turn off all the other option. On the right side click on the new option to make them enable into network. Check the IP of the machine from where you are transferring the data, and after the machine where the file will receive. To bring the connection prompt click on the dock finder and press the Apple+K(to see the machines are working with each other or not) on the keyboard. Then insert the IP address of the machine that is for the file and the connection. put the user-id and the password which will browse the file and after that you can easily transfer it into other machine without the port of the firewire, I did this, it is really good to share the file into the network. In the later you can access the same thing, for that you just go to the network connection and where you can able to set up the Firewire connection, and then choose to desired option to share that file that you want.

The firewire is the IEEE 1394 interface which is mainly used for the serial bus interface standard for high speed communication and the isochronous data transmission between two or more than machines. Is used for the home computers. It will also used to transfer the digital audio, video and the aeronautics data’s. this is mainly introduced by the Apple organization, this is also known as the iLink and the Lynx. The IEEE 1394 is de3fined as the interface of the back-plane and this is not widely used now a days.

IEEE 1394 is known as the high speed definition of audio-video network Alliance in short it known as the HANA, standard connection with the machines for the audio or video communication and the application Firewire is also applicable for the wireless connection. it will easily transfer or share the file into the network with the help of Firewire port. For that you just make the connection between the machines to those you want to transfer the data. It can also works on the fiber optic and the coaxial versions by using the protocol which are isochronous. As per my knowledge the digital camcorder includes the 4 circuit interface, though it is usually in the Premium models. It is good for the high quality transmission of the audio and the video equipment. In most cases I the later model which are released after the 2003, these are built in FireWire/i.LINK ports, mainly in the Apple and the Sony models.

The application iMovie and Final Cut which are introduced by the Apple organization which is aused to transfer the video and audio file, basically used for the MAC machines. But it might be take large time to transfer the file. It based on the machine from where you are transferring/importing the data. It just copy the raw data of the DV format and then retransform it into the desired format to what you wish to transfer. It is also used for it takes the less time to import the data. I had done few of the project in the iMovie application and it worked fine, and suggest you to go for this. Ne remember that the AVI and the MOV format are just the container of the files or the data. Which you are going to deal it with the Firewire it simply takes the DV raw file.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever