Thread: Is Remote Disc work with Boot Camp?

Is Remote Disc work with Boot Camp?

I share a DVD from my desktop Mac; can I see the communal disc as of Boot Camp (Windows 7) on my Macbook Air, with Boot Camp 3.1 install? I consideration you might, yet can discover surprisingly little in order online on how to do so ? Does anyone know that whether Bootcamp will be possible on a MacBook Air considering as it has no drive? It have an 80GB drive or 64GB SSD, will absolutely be possible as it is a meaning of OS X. So I want to know that Is Remote Disc work with Boot Camp? Any idea? Please help.

Re: Is Remote Disc work with Boot Camp?

MacBook Air require a USB optical drive for the fitting of Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit version only) or Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or later. The Remote Disc sharing software included by means of your MacBook Air cannot be second-hand to fit Microsoft Windows. Connect your external USB optical drive in a directly line to the USB port on the MacBook Air before you make the Boot Camp Assistant.

There are many good metaphors available on the web and the install really is monotonous. After installation, creating a original virtual machine, selecting Windows and Windows Vista from the drop down menus and sour you go. Insert the Vista install DVD into the SuperDrive, boot the VM . Windows install. After the installation and a reboot of the VM, not remember to install the VMware tools and drivers. Check the steps:
    • Windows applications can run textbook on the Mac OS desktop.
    • Both operating systems (OS) running alongside smoothly and carry out well. Due to limited hard disk space I do not try to run beefier applications similar to Visual Studio 2008 in the VM even if.
    • Most of the occasion I ran Windows full screen on a "second" desktop by Spaces. This feels even more similar to you are running 2 entirely separate machines side-by-side on the similar hardware. This was certainly the best experience of all.

Boot Camp allow you to repartition the disk and use the second divider to install Windows Vista or one more operating system. After using the Boot Camp helper in the Mac OS to divider the disk (I split the disk about 50:50) the user is ask to insert the Vista install disk. The UI point to the OS will reboot if you press Ok to corroborate the reboot dialog. That did not work for me. After confirm the dialog box for about 3 or 4 times the system finally shut down and rebooted from the Vista installation DVD in the DVD drive. Once more, from present on it is a simple Vista installation. During the last step of the installation. . Leopard had booted up. go round out the installation does not change the boot sort. Mac OS X is the default OS.

You need to just substitute your Mac with an optical drive.

- Make Windows Partition, using Boot Camp Assistant, on the MacBook Air.
    - Make Windows Partition, by Boot Camp Assistant, on the iMac (I don't think you need to make it the
    If you get a kernel panic as you divider any of your Macs (I got it on together of mine), you are sort of hosed. You might try to boot up from the fit DVD (or bootable clone) and use Disk Utility to Repair Disk. That will solve that problem, but every time you go to divider, it will do the equal thing (I don't suggest trying... I went from beginning to end this process 5 times). Just do a twin backup or have a full Time Machine backup and now restore your complete drive. It magically fixes the issue (might be from fragmentation). - When your iMac is done partition, Install Windows going on it. Confirm YOU FORMAT THE PARTITION AS NTFS, now it will boots and it works. I wouldn't recommend installing some drivers as on the iMac .

Apple prevent all this by release Boot Camp - first as a beta so as to ran on then-current Mac OS X 10.4 and later on as a Leopard-only official release. In characteristic Apple fashion, Boot Camp "just works", easily and easily - at least if you're ready to accept the limits hard-wired into it by Apple. The main limitation, at smallest amount for me, is that Boot Camp let users install any PC operating system they desire, as long as it's Windows XP (SP2 or later) or Vista. (And note that promote versions of these are not support, as a minimum not without difficulty.)

Apple supports Boot Camp users by including Windows drivers for the hardware built-into its Intel Macs. I doubt that Apple wants the responsibility for providing drivers for the broad range of PC operating systems. (These drivers are characteristically on the Disc 1 of the set so as to ships with compatible Macs, but Apple doesn't do a high-quality enough work of letting users know about this as they're environs up Boot Camp. I can sprint Linux in a near session using my option of Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion, or the free VirtualBox.