Thread: Touch screen for Macbook Air

Touch screen for Macbook Air

I am using an Macbook Air and i have got bored by using the same thing from so long time. But there is no doubt about the comfortness of screen and keyboard of this laptop. But it would have been better if the screen becomes touchscreen. I personally think that the touchscreen concept is cool. I mean is it possible to have macbook air with the touchscreen which can be flipped over the keyboard to use it like touchpad ? Is Apple planning something like that?

Re: Touch screen for Macbook Air

I guess there would be a macbook provided by an Apple but i don't think the touchscreen would be flexible enough to rotate and set on the keyboard to make it using like a touchpad or you may say e-book reader. And it is nothing like only macbooks has better keyboards, there are many brands which concentrates on the same. Anyway, There is no other option then waiting for an Apple to launch your dream product.

I suggest you to go for Macbook Mini Tablet which is just the same thing for which you are asking over here. There are still rumors of new complies arrival of a Mac tablet, or touch other gear. In my opinion, Apple plans to launch a tablet able to:
    • Read eBooks, is all the rage right now (Amazon Kindle ... etc) for download via a new WiFi/3G iBookStore Apple's iTunes Store for similar books.
    • Surf the Internet via a nice touch Safari + WiFi/3G, email, etc.
    • Portable video playback (with a nicer screen than the iPhone but less bulky than a MacBook)
    • Take notes, via their new handwriting recognition system.

For this to work, it would take something with very good battery life (new processors via its recent acquisition), new batteries (like those of new MacBook Pro). All with an OLED screen for viewing comfort.

I suggest you to buy a MacBook Mini Tablet which is just according to your choices. Actually macbook mini tablet is almost like a macbook mini which just along with the touchscreen and more mobility. Using a Mac OS X on the tablet pc is a whole different experience. I suggest you to go the apple store where you can decide between both the choices as you like the apple's tablet pc or a mac laptop.

A truly mobile device needs to be light, thin, and strong enough to take with you wherever you go. It also needs to perform quickly, spring to life instantly, and have enough battery power to keep up with you. It should have no spinning hard drive, no optical drive, and no unnecessary parts. All of that is true of iPad. And now, it’s true of Apple’s most mobile notebook ever: MacBook Air. So according to me, You should check at least once which is not at all any lesser then the Tablet PCs. In fact you would be getting more and more features in the macbooks as compare to that of tablet pc. So what if the screen does not gets rotated over the keyboard, Its slim & light with the keyboard itself.

At the edge of a patent application Apple describes the use of multi-touch screens and IPS technology in its MacBook models. IPS stands for In-Plane-Switching and makes for a good viewing angle dependence. Currently, Apple IPS displays built into iMacs, the iPhone and the new iPad 4 - and possibly also in the next iPod touch. Besides normal MacBook and MacBook Pro units, also the MacBook Air could in future be equipped with a multitouch screen and IPS technology, Apple writes in the patent application. User could manipulate content on the screen so touching.

Small and practical - with these words I would describe my latest achievement the HP Touchsmart tx2. To buy the smart Tablet PC has moved me to a dying of old age my old laptop and the beginning of my studies. Since the selection of Tablet PCs on the market still holds strong in the right boundaries was found quickly. It was important that I allow the notebook for movies, games and other use, not just for Office applications. Another important criterion was of course the price, where you have to scroll loose time in 2000, Lenovo € on the table ranged from my 950 €. I chose the cheapest variant of the decision tx2. No Bluetooth, no wireless n-draft, with an AMD Dual Core processor with 2.3 instead of 2.4 GHz and 400GB hard drive instead of 500GB. This has saved me about 300 €.