Thread: music track skipping and playing silence on iPhone

music track skipping and playing silence on iPhone

I have problem with the music tract of my phone. There are some music tracks which play the sections of silence. This issue happens when I play music with built in speakers or on the headphone. It affect the tract either it is from CD imports or iTunes purchases. Can you guess that what is the cause of this problem? Please post your suggestion to solve this error.

Re: music track skipping and playing silence on iPhone

I think you are using the outdated iTune. If that is the case then I would like to suggest you to update to the latest iTune available on internet and this will solve the issue. I can say that it will help you to fix your problem because when I was facing problem which was somewhat similar to yours then updating the latest iTune solves the problem. I hope that it will also help you in your case. Good Luck !!!

Hey guys, here is one other solution that you can try to solve this. I am not sure that whether it will help you or not but you can try it one. Just go to the itunes in your computer and there you have to encode all the selected music to the latest itunes 9.2 and then you have to sync them back to your phone to play that. This will not take a long time to do. Most of the times problem is with the encoding of the tracks.

If you are getting the problem with the track then I think there is something in your in your computer software which is incompatible with the processes which is going on in the iTunes. It may be your antivirus, in my case it was antivirus. You can do some narrow things to get it solve but I will not suggest you to go for the things like re-encoding because it will decrease the quality of the music.

Here is what I did to solve the issue when I was facing this problem. I turned off the Zonealarm firewall and after that I performed restore factory settings to my phone. When I did malfunction free update and played the video it worked fine. After that I did restore to a backup from a few days back and it solves all the issue. You can also try this.

You can follow the following steps to get out of this problem.
    • First of all you should make sure that you have the internet connection and the latest version of the iTunes.
    • Connect the iPhone to the computer.
    • Select iPhone in the Source pane and click the Summary tab in iTunes.
    • Click on check for update and it will tell you if there is any update available.
    • Click on install the update.
    • Follow the simple on screen instruction and it will solve the issue.

I think that you should do the hard reset to your phone and it will reset all the settings to its default factory settings and will solve the issue. If you want to reset the iphone then you have to hold both the sleep/wake button and the home button which is in the center together and in few seconds you will see the apple logo and it will start the backup automatically.