Thread: Macbook Air and Skype Not Working

Macbook Air and Skype Not Working

I have just got the brand new Macbook which is recently released by the Apple. I like all the feature of the same. But after a week of use i started getting the issue with the same. I am unable to login to Skype account on Macbook Air. I have installed the latest version of the skype but did not got any solution working for same. If you can the let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Macbook Air and Skype Not Working

Most of the user of the new Macbook Air user are getting this problem with the Skype and not getting any solution for same. If possible then go through the below given step and see whether it is working for you or not. The first thing that i will advise you to check into the System Preferences and then to security and now to Firewall. Now Off the firewall. Now go to Skype preference menu and then to Advance and change the Incoming Port connection to 8080. Now restart the Skype and check for the login issue. I hope this will resolve the issue with the same.

As per my knowledge this is the bug from the Skype which is not working with the new Macbook Air. The reason behind this i am not aware of but this is not related to the Apple. This is something known as problem from the Skype and the developer are still trying to resolve this issue. Till the time you have to wait for the resolution of the Skype Bug. I hope Skype developer team will resolve this bug on their next release as most of the user on Internet are looking for solution to this problem but not getting the solution. I will update this thread if i will get any solution for the same.

I am also going through the same problem where my Macbook Air is not getting the connection with the Skype. I have tried the below given step and let me tell you that it worked with the issue of mine. After going through the same just let me know whether this is working with the issue of yours or not. I hope this will resolve the problem that you are going through. Also if this is not working for you then contact the Skype on there forum and ask them for the solution of the problem.
    • Uninstall the Skype
    • Download the Skype version 2.7.0.330
    • Install the Skype
    • Delete "shared.xml" from "*userhome*/Library/Application Support/Skype"
    • Start the Skype
    • Turn Off the Autoupdate

I am not sure about the problem that you are going through but can tell you that this can be problem with the Skype server which might be unavailable for some time and giving the issue with the same. I will advise you to check on the Skype regarding the same and see whether the server is online or not. If the server is online and still getting the problem with the same then it might be possible that the security program installed on your system might be causing the issue in connection. In that case i will advise you to disable the Firewall as well as security program installed into the system of yours. So if you can then go through the same and see whether it is working with the same.

Have you tried to transfer Skype preferences and restart the application? If not then i will advise you to go through the preference and changed the setting to check whether you are getting the connectivity with the skype or not. Also there is a fixed released for the Skype by the developer that can help you with the same. So if you can then go to the Skype and download the update for same. If you are unable to find the fix then click here. I hope this will fix the issue with the same.