Thread: New MBA or iPad?

New MBA or iPad?

Ipad, wow! What innovative creation by the Apple that anyone never dreamed about. Thanks to Apple. I was very happy to buy it & make a fan. Now the problem arrives. The Macbook Air which is recently launched is getting better response from buyers. Will it replace an ipad? The MBA contains all the features of ipad including some of the new one. I’m really confused which one should I go for now. I need some of the thoughts who knows about it very well & give me an advice without confusing.
    Last edited by Eyvindur; 25-10-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Ipad is a device which took place between Mac and Ipod. The ipad has onscreen keyboard, shine touchscreen with LED-backlight, keyboard dock option,iphone OS, 3G wireless, A-GPS, headphone jack, built in speaker and digital compass. It does not include a webcam, flash, USB2.0, Ethernet and optical drive. Only the high end Ipad contains these features.
    The Macbook Air models has widescreen display with LED backlight, trackpad , keyboard, runs Mac OS X, webcam and flash support. But it does not include an A-GPS and digital compass.
    The ipad completely suits for mobile computing. Macbook air usually lean towards producing the content rather than consuming the content. So it depends on your judgment.

I recommended you to make list of expectations which you want to be in portable device. Macbook Air is very thin and light notebook with high resolution display and multi-touch track pad. It will bridge a gap between the Mac and Ipad. It is not a revolutionary laptop but can make its stand for good one. It also support new OS X Lion. Whereas Ipad is different kind of mobile computing device which is especially created for fancy computing. A device which attracts shake hands on it all time.

The recent result shows that the MBA has created a riddle for future Mac users. They are really struck between MBA and Ipad.
    The strongest point in Macbook Air is about the size at 11.8” by 7.56”, which is the shape of normal paper. 0.68 inches thick makes the MBA weight to less than 3 pounds. The battery life varying from 5 hours to 7 hours depends on the model. I recommended you to go for MBA because it will provide all the day to day features.

As my experience with ipad that you cannot work on documents because it is not the easy task as you think. There is a lot of difference between touchscreen keyboard and the external keyboard. It is not as functional as other computer for word processing. The MBA is a real computer with keyboard and ipad is somewhat less than computer. Ipad is good enough for mobile computing, use it as book reader, mail checking and browsing. If there is lot of typing related works in your daily life then I prefer MBA.
    Last edited by Sydney_7; 25-10-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Apple said that the MBA is hybrid device with the combination of best features of Macbook and Ipad. Like the Ipad it also has a flash option and lacks of optical or HDD. I urge that compare both device features with your expectation. Will it match?
    First thing is which OS you’d like most, iOS or OS X?
    What kind of place where you most use the computers?
    Will it matches your portability and considerations?
    Try to figure out these things first. You will definitely get the answer.