Thread: Advice on MacBookAir with different Processor

Advice on MacBookAir with different Processor

I have been using MacBookAir from 3 year old with 1.6 GHz, 1 GB of RAM and with 80 GB hard disk. I have noticed that my machine is became slow than previous and now I am looking for a new upgraded MacBookAir with 1.8GHz and 4 GB of RAM with more than 80 GB of hard disk. The old one will I give to my daughter so I wanted to know that is there is much difference in this both configurations. If yes then please tell me. And if you are on my place then which machine will you buy, please suggest me. Any suggestion will appreciate and thanks in advance.

Re: Advice on MacBookAir with different Processor

I have gone through your question I think you will get the big differences in between these two specially in the flash drive that is Samsung solid state drive which make the MacBookAir very fast on the start up and also when response to the programs documents, and all saving and shut down process. If you are getting the more memory space hard drive then I think more of the space can be remain unused due to that your machine can response faster to the applications.

As far I know that 1.8 GHz processor used the more battery power than that of the 1.6 GHZ. But when at the idle process of the both machine power usage will be similar. I think this is not a big difference in both, when you work on any machine then obviously battery power will consume. Power of the battery is depend on the use of the machine. So if you want a good configuration then I think you should go with 1.8 GHz. I hope this information may help you.

You can clearly see that if the processor speed is fast then the all the application and program will work faster. 1.8 GHz processor means that much Hz cycles per second. If you want to do the multitasking and have to run many of the programs at once then 1.8GHz would be the better choice for you. Or if you just want to browse the web with the word doc file for work then you can stay with the 1.6GHz. At present 1.6GHz all the configuration you have is became slow.

I am having some other view regarding your question that 1.6GHz is always better than 1.8GHz that is if you are getting speed for the application tends to more battery usage so the battery life is less. If I be you then I would prefer 1.6GHz because I would not be going to use it that much and also I will not pay extra money for extra 200MHz and. If you are having any other query then please reply me.