Thread: ipod 30gbs not connecting to pc through cables

ipod 30gbs not connecting to pc through cables

Hello friends, I have an apples ipod which is not been used for a while now, since i was out of town for 6 months and forgot to take the ipod along with me. After returning back home, i started my ipod for listening music and it was working fine. It was only when, i connected my ipod to my pc for sync music i found that the ipod was unable to connect to my pc. When i plug the cable into the usb port the charging starts but nothing comes up, not even in my computer nor my itunes. Can someone help me in sorting out this issue. By the way my pc was also unused when i was not at home. So can sonme one help me to know what the problem really is.

Re: ipod 30gbs not connecting to pc through cables

Hey even i had the same problem with my ipod nano. It was working fine, until one day when i connected my ipod using cables to my system it showed nothing. Although the charging was there but i was unable to see anything on my pc nor i could do anything like syncing itunes. Please can any one help me with this problem. I dont want to format my ipod nor my pc. So please give me such advice that would solve the problem without resetting my ipod.

Since you are using usb cables for connecting your ipod to the computers and since you were out for 6 months and in that period your ipod cable was unused then you should try to use a new one and see if that works for you. If that doesnt works for you than you should use a universal Dock adapter that serves as a convenient and elegant base for syncing music from pc onto your ipod.
    Any iPhone or iPod with a dock connector can fit perfectly into the Universal Dock through the use of interchangeable inserts called Dock Adapters. You just need to insert the Dock Adapter for your particular model, then plug in your iPod and then you might be able to syn music..
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hello i think the solution would be to download a new version of ipod software because you have mentioned that you hav'nt use the ipod for awhile along with the software. So it might be that the software have stopped running due to some faults, also you have to download latest version of itunes. After that you have to pluggin your ipod to your pc and dont worry if you get an error message" ipod not reachable". Along with this message you will get 2 command buttons so you have to click "update" and you'll be taken to the iPod Updater. This will put the latest system software on your ipod. Do not click the "Reset" button as it will reset your ipod. After that you have to perform one more step that is for the iPod Setup Assistant to run. It gives you a chance to name your iPod and set a few important preferences. You can select which ever option you would like to and then click "Next" and this will configure your ipod.