Thread: Macbook Air: Initial SSD space

Macbook Air: Initial SSD space

I am having a query regarding the New Macbook Air. I am planning to buy the new Macbook Air 64GB model bur wanted to know that What is the Initial SSD space taken by the Mac OS X installation. If any one is having the knowledge regarding the Initial SSD space taken when the Macbook Air is first boot. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: 11.5 GB initial SSD space in Macbook Air

I have gone through the problem of yours and let me tell you that i have come to know that the Apple Macbook Air is coming with the pre-installed Mac OS X with the 11.5 GB space. Remaining space are allocated for the user only. iLife 11 is also included with the Mac OS X only. This is what i got from the Internet while searching for your query. The new Macbook is having lots of new feature installed in it. The best is that it is having the iLIfe 11 installed it it.

iLife on Macbook Air

First of all thanks for the reply that i have gone through the same. I have gone through the same and let me tell you that i can be more specific about the installation of the Mac OS X into the Macbook Air. But now having one more query regarding the iLife 11. What is new in the iLife 11?.Also if possible for you then please let me know about the more feature of the Macbook Air.

Re:Features of iLife 11

With the small taste of Mac OS X 10.7 and the announcement of a Mac App Store, 11.6 inch MacBook Air.This has been one of the other announcements at Apple's event "Back to the Mac." The firm at the apple has announced availability of its suite iLife '11 that we can find standard on any new Mac computer or buy for $49(Mac OS X 10.6.3 minimum). Note that those who bought a Mac between October 1 and October 19, 2010 are eligible for upgrade to iLife '11 for $7,95.

During the presentation of Apple iLife '11 three products were particularly highlighted. iPhoto '11 resolutely turned towards using mode Full Screen And in particular to display the table Faces, Places map. Via location data, slide shows can be created and new slides are available. Animated themes are offered with a soundtrack. Unsurprisingly, iPhoto '11 improves Facebook integration and facilitates sending photos by e-mail. The process of creating books has also been improved.

Macbook Air: iMovie 11 and GarageBand 11

The Apple Macbook Air is also launching with the new feature which is known as the iMovie 11 and GarageBand 11.

iMovie 11

Brings improvements in the audio management with the ability to simply adjust the sound levels, to work on the waveforms. It is possible to create Trailers available with a dozen models in various genres. Effects can be applied instantly to such a slow motion effect. Function search people identifies the presence of faces in sequences.

GarageBand 11

The musical composition software according to Steve Jobs is used by some 5 million people, offers twenty new lessons in piano and guitar. Functions such as "How do I play?" Assesses a registration for a course and to highlight the mistakes. Flex Time can increase or decrease a note, without affecting the rest of the recording. Concordance Groove to select a track to implement its rate to all others.

Re: Macbook Air

Since space-saving flash storage leaves room for a bigger battery, you can devote more time to the things you enjoy most. Things like browsing the web, editing photos, and watching videos. Get up to 5 hours of battery life on a single charge on the 11-inch model and up to 7 hours on the 13-inch model. Put MacBook Air to sleep, and it enters standby mode to conserve battery life for up to 30 days.1 When you come back to your MacBook Air and open it up, it’s on in an instant. So you’re free to go off the grid knowing you’re still on a charge. Corner to corner and pixel by pixel, the display on the new MacBook Air is both an engineering feat and a design breakthrough. It measures a mere 4.86 millimeters (0.19 inch) thin, yet the resolution is so high, you’ll feel like you’re looking at a much larger screen. And with good reason. The 11-inch MacBook Air features a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio and a resolution greater than that of a typical 13-inch notebook, while the 13-inch MacBook Air wows with a resolution equivalent to a typical 15-inch notebook.

Macbook Air